Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Oh FFS.. Now the roof guard.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Oh FFS.. Now the roof guard.

Post by TitanTim » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Someone has mentioned in another thread the light units have been modified due to stress seperating the lens from its back where the mounting points are.

If all else fails, why not drill a small hole in the bottom of the lens :)

I seem to recall the old Z4 had this problem with the headlights as with the 1 Series, my 118d M Sport would get condensation in the headlamp unit :(

Tim.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 am

As the car is only 2.5 yrs old, its still under warranty and I'll not be drilling or modifying anything as thats a great reason for a dealer to say 'tough luck'... I'll use the best of the warranty to get things sorted while I can. Here's hoping the latest cars have improved build techniques. I think this will be the last time I buy a new model car, exclusivity comes at too high a price.

Z4 Beemer

Post by Z4 Beemer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 am

Maniac wrote:As the car is only 2.5 yrs old, its still under warranty and I'll not be drilling or modifying anything as thats a great reason for a dealer to say 'tough luck'... I'll use the best of the warranty to get things sorted while I can. Here's hoping the latest cars have improved build techniques. I think this will be the last time I buy a new model car, exclusivity comes at too high a price.
Exclusivity...? No chance of that for much longer. You will soon see a new white sDrive 20i parked on every street corner! :P
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 am

lol too true, but it was exclusive a couple of years back when I got it :) Besides, I'm not worried by the influx of 20i's, I have a 35i and size is after all what matters :rofl:

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:26 pm

New roof tray... sorted..

New rear clusters (due to water ingress) er.. not sorted. As it turns out they've decided the rear lamps have a design flaw, and they've only just started informing dealers that if clusters are refitted there's a new sealant pack that also needs to be added consisting of some grommets (not the wallace type) and sealing foil. Which are on back order from Germany, because everybody wants it now they know its needed to sort the clusters permanently. So I get her back tomorrow, only to have to take it back in a weeks time for new lamps and a sealing kit to be applied.

So.. if you've had new clusters or are having clusters that fog/mist/collect water, they're still likely prone to do it again and this kit should sort it... who knows if it will become a recall, sorry I mean 'performance enhancement', but it looks like its heading that way.