Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

20i gear stick vibration

Titanium

20i gear stick vibration

Post by Titanium » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi Guys!

Just bought my new 20i a month ago (in Belgium). I have 750 kilometres in it.

I have a disturbing issue with it:
The gear lever has a vibration to it at idle power. Its not very intense but in daylight you can hardly see the numbers on the stick because they seem to flow because of the vibration.

Is it normal? Cos when I mentioned it to the dealer he said he didn't even notice it till I told him...
Then he asked a colleague and they said it was normal (and this is not an electric engine :headbang: ) and it would reduce a little in time, but I'm not a 100% sure about that.

I've driven quite a few manual cars but never really come across a thing like this (except in my Mum's Renault Clio :p)

What are your experiences?

Thanks in advance,
Peter
2012 BMW Z4 SDrive 2.0i - Titanium silver, walnut leather sport seats - M steering wheel- BMW Professional Navigation- BMW Professional Loudspeaker - Heated seats - Wind Deflector - Engine model deletion- PDC

G14RRV

Re: 20i gear stick vibration

Post by G14RRV » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:44 pm

yes i noticed this today, my mini done it aswell.. just more noticeable due to flat head design on gear knob
||2012 Z4 Sdrive20i M Sport||Alpine White||Coral Red Kansas Leather||