Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Feel divorce imminent

roofless

Re: Feel divorce imminent

Post by roofless » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:45 pm

pvr wrote:*Bump*

Sorry - could not resist :)

:rofl:
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

mason storm

Post by mason storm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Really hope everything is up to your satisfaction now, fingers crossed the thread will now be closed
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry:

jaz4

Post by jaz4 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:50 pm

I know exactly how you feel.

But dont let it get to you and atleast they will do whatever to make things well.

Im on my 4th z4 and none have been plain sailing, and anyoune in the right mind would think dont get another, but bmw have always fixed them possibly not the first time, but you can work the system. Mine is picked up from work, and dropped back, or a hire one dropped off while its away.

My first one was a 03 2.5 SE got it in 05. Rattles in the roof, leak in the doors seals, sat nav display blowing, rear brak light cracking, It went in countless times. One of the worst was when they were sorting out the rattles, all fine, had a hard top on, when I took it off few months later, seen that they had damaged some of the rear trim and all joints had silicone which had collected dust, it look awful. They sorted it.

Second 06 2.5 si sport, wheel corrosion, engine missfire 3x to sort, fog and side lights misting up all sorted

3rd 08 si sport. wheel corrosion all 4 replaced, wheel corrosion (yes had rears replaced again) new soft top due to rubbing when the hard top was on, corrosion on petrol cap and boot. fogs misting. took a few goes to get these fixed.

4th 10 3.0. both front lights misting, and one rear actually has water in it not just fogging need to get this sorted.

So I must simply be mad, but still keeps my local dealer in a job by claiming on all the rework.

Seriously I have no regrets on any of them. Its not good that the issues arrise but they do get sorted, and for me its been seamless other than a phone call to the dealer, last time when it went into its last service/ pre mot they were picked up and ordered all on wty. it did take 3 months to sort (so out of the origional wty but no cost) and the car was in for 2 weeks, but had a hire car at no extra cost.
03 2.5 SE Fully loaded
06 2.5 Si Sports
08 2.5 Si Sports
10 30i Drive Auto
62 28i M Sport

roofless

Post by roofless » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:09 pm

jaz4 think you need a medal for loyalty :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention, the dealership replaced the button panel for me (the roof up button was worn) i didn't realise that it was white plastic with a black coating. Can't imagine why the coating would wear off :wink:
Barely two years old, quality - huh! :)
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

Z_Victor1

Post by Z_Victor1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Well.......it's been nearly six weeks now roofless.
Has the marriage counselling worked?
Or are you still contemplating divorce?
2009 sDrive35i, DSB, CBKL, DCT, Adpt M Sus, Ext Stor, St Ht, Thru Load, PDC F/R, Nav + ICE Pro, 6-Disc DVD, USB Interface

roofless

Post by roofless » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks for asking. I think a few more counselling sessions are needed unfortunately. Although i am enjoying the car again i can't say i am wholly comfortable. There's nothing wrong with her at the moment, but that's the problem, i keep finding myself thinking, 'there's nothing wrong - at the moment'.
Driving her is fun, i love having the roof down, the sound of the engine, the power etc. Will i have her still this time next year? I very much doubt it i'm afraid.

Owl wood

Post by Owl wood » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:42 am

I dont blame you. I know that feeling of waiting for something to go wrong, thinking that there is going to be another ordeal any moment. I went through a saga of failures on my old RX8. Even when everything was fixed on it and I got it back, I just had that feeling that something was about to break. I had to get rid of it.

Z4 Beemer

Post by Z4 Beemer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:48 am

Hmmm, agree its difficult to stop thinking this way given the issues you have had. So what might you replace it with roofless?
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

roofless

Post by roofless » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:00 pm

If money were no object and i didn't need it as a daily driver then a porsche 356 convertible. Dream on Roofless.
I think for practicality, for driving pleasure and for convenience i might go and get an old e46 3 series. I had two and loved them both. My only hesitation is that (apart from my landrover) it has been a long time since i last bought a second hand car.
As far as new cars are concerned there really is nothing that floats my boat. I like the new styling on the audi's but my experience with them has been so bad over the years that i just don't think i want to take the gamble. Plus the a5 s line i test drove 2 years ago was insipid to drive.
It's a tough call but unfortunately i do see my zed days numbered.

Z4 Beemer

Post by Z4 Beemer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Pretty much agree with you... nothing really floats my boat for replacing the Zed with, but I'm starting to warm to the new SLK. I have to say my new Audi A1 has been superb in the first 2.5 months of ownership. The MMI interface is miles ahead of iDrive and the overall quality is superb. I could be tempted towards the next generation TT, but that means playing the waiting game...

Keep us updated. :thumbsup:
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Roofless - very sad to hear you're feeling like this... But it would haunt me for a while too. You say you have a landrover though - assuming it's not a beat up defender (bet it is tho..), could you not tuck the zed up for a while and take her out in the new year ? Might help you re-discover your love :)
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...