Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ongoing Problems

shambolic

Re: Ongoing Problems

Post by shambolic » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Breaker wrote:Ah but you have the 19's. They wear quicker! :P
Nope 20k miles and rears are just on the wear indicators. Fronts are fine :thumbsup:
Looking at 2 new rears and the 2 year service due so a £800 bill coming up :thumbsdown:
I'm on 19s :headbang:
Last edited by shambolic on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 SLK 250CDI AMG Sport, Indium grey.
2013 SLK 250CDI AMG Sport, Tenorite silver.
2012 transit van, white of course!
2004 Honda CRV (dog mobile) dirty blue!

djtex

Post by djtex » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Well, here we are again. After my car having spent almost 2 weeks in the garage, I got it back and the rattles are largely gone, apart from some noise when starting from cold. This disappears after a few miles though, so generally speaking I was happy. Until that is, I went out this morning and found that water had leaked in through the passenger door for a second time. I've had the car back 8 days, and it's gone back again. The service as ever, I've received from Cooper Banstead has been fantastic, they really are great guys. But them, much like me are being let down by a very poorly built product.

I'm in the process of writing to Tim Abbot, and further considering my options moving forward. They have been quite clear thus far, they won't replace my vehicle, but I'm going to look into getting them to buy me out of it, with a view to possibly swapping for a 1M or an M3. We'll see, I do love the car so much. But I refuse to live with continual problems. So disappointing.

shambolic

Post by shambolic » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Offside rear light full of water again, these were replaced when car was 3 weeks old FFS, was washing and inspecting it before dealer visit on Wednesday and noticed it :headbang:

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Guys... really frustrating when through no fault of your own the modern mota has simple stupid faults especially when new. The most unforgivable has to be any form of water leak, inside or lights and the only motas that ever leaked on me was a 14 year old peach of a MR2 & a fibreglass hard top for a SJ410.

Ive had a few new motors, so to me it's forgivable when I bought a 5 yr old Zed for it to have a few undocumented features. Would go so far asto say it's 100% waterproof, rattles well there's the odd creak on uneven roads but in short it works as it should, period.

Personally if your motas new & you've given them (which you have) plenty of opportunity to sort things out, go for your option of a refund by first finding a good solicitor to review your case, ask the dealership nicely for a refund/alternative & if stonewalled dont pussey foot about just steamroller in with the solicitor.
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Z4 Beemer

Post by Z4 Beemer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:37 pm

shambolic wrote:Offside rear light full of water again, these were replaced when car was 3 weeks old FFS, was washing and inspecting it before dealer visit on Wednesday and noticed it :headbang:
:o Are they full of water, because they are leaking, or is it condensation? Mine do mist up inside from time to time. Thankfully not the puddle of water as before.
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

shambolic

Post by shambolic » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:12 am

Z4 Beemer wrote:
shambolic wrote:Offside rear light full of water again, these were replaced when car was 3 weeks old FFS, was washing and inspecting it before dealer visit on Wednesday and noticed it :headbang:
:o Are they full of water, because they are leaking, or is it condensation? Mine do mist up inside from time to time. Thankfully not the puddle of water as before.
Drivers side completely clear, passengers is full of condensation and a centimetre of water in bottom left of indicator strip :thumbsdown: