Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Is this fault common?

bazzae123

Is this fault common?

Post by bazzae123 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi Guy's,

I've had my 2010 35i just over two weeks now and have noticed that when I unlock the car using the key fob the boot doesn't always unlock, some times it does, some times it doesn't.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Bazza
Mineral White sDrive35iS DCT Coral Red Kansas leather

TINO

Re: Is this fault common?

Post by TINO » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:06 pm

welcome dont no much about yours but mine has a two button push top doors, bottom one boot but I wounder if it is same on yours ??
sterling grey ,red skins,, big wheels crap tyres sunny side up 2.2 female.
The middle of the road is a dangerous place you have to take sides.Image

bazzae123

Post by bazzae123 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Mine also has the bottom button for the boot which works correctly all the time, i.e it unlocks the boot. If I use the top button to unlock the doors I believe it should also unlock the boot, which it does sometimes, but other times it doesn't, unless I'm doing something wrong. It's about time I RTFM :D

Bazza

roofless

Post by roofless » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Have you got the function set to one press drivers door, 2 for all doors? I have and it's a great way to wind the wife up but a pain when you forget and want to open the boot :) :cry:
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

bazzae123

Post by bazzae123 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:59 pm

roofless wrote:Have you got the function set to one press drivers door, 2 for all doors? I have and it's a great way to wind the wife up but a pain when you forget and want to open the boot :) :cry:
Hi roofless,

Good point, I said I needed to RTFM. So, just to clarify. If it's set to open only the driver door the boot remains locked but if I click twice to open both doors the boot then unlocks?

Bazza

Z4 Beemer

Post by Z4 Beemer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:21 pm

bazzae123 wrote: Hi roofless,

Good point, I said I needed to RTFM. So, just to clarify. If it's set to open only the driver door the boot remains locked but if I click twice to open both doors the boot then unlocks?

Bazza
Pretty sure that's right. Mine is set for one press to unlock drivers door only and boot doesn't unlock at that point.
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

braingirl

Post by braingirl » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:47 pm

I've never had to worry about this, since I have comfort access, and just unlock when I want i approach it and touch the roundel.
But does your key not have a separate boot opening button?

Also you can adjust settings of unlocking via the the drive also.
Z4 35is, 326M, White Design

Obsidian

Post by Obsidian » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Z4 Beemer wrote:
bazzae123 wrote: Hi roofless,

Bazza
Pretty sure that's right. Mine is set for one press to unlock drivers door only and boot doesn't unlock at that point.
Of course, easy to change. Just go into the car settings on your idrive and change the selection from drivers door only to all doors. Then one press and everything opens.
Z4 SDrive35iS - Comfort, Connectivity and Media Packages etc etc

bazzae123

Post by bazzae123 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi guy's,

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm now sorted :D The only reason why I entitled this thread as ' Is this fault common' was I went to the new Elms BMW near Cambridge on Saturday and had one of the guy's there take a look and he said it was definitely a fault and I would need to get it booked in, he didn't even mention how was it set up in the Idrive. There you go, know the product you sale :)

Bazza