Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Late 59 reg E89 Hmm Joy, sadly not !!

iwatchlive

Re: Late 59 reg E89 Hmm Joy, sadly not !!

Post by iwatchlive » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Hey Zebedee,
I'd be looking for- at the least -a free FULL service because of this (usually not until after 20K miles though) or something like the run flats tyre insurance thrown in for free (up to £1500 of cover for flats & malicious damage)

I certainly wouldn't settle for anyting less than that but I'd pitch for more initially :thumbsup: :wink:

zebedee

Post by zebedee » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 am

Good news, ish. Aparently all sorted and roof is operating as it should. Hooray :thumbsup:

Apparently a 'hall' sensor and a limit switch along with some interlock (if I have understood correctly) all decided to go haywire at the same time making the car misbehave. Tested all the other circuits and allegedly all additional problems were as a reult of the former items failing and doing something or other to some ECU ?

Haven't got the zed back yet as the dealer is negotiating with another local dealer to get the stone chips sorted and then a proper valet. So here's hoping !!!!!!!

Oh, why is it that dealers never phone and keep you up to date ??
Alpine White sDrive35i with Ivory White Exclusive Nappa leather, 7sdct auto, V spoke 296's and now a smart top !

jamesk3

Post by jamesk3 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Had my car delievered yesterday morning...

...very similar story with the roof. Waiting to speak to the service dept. on Tuesday. Really frustrated. My motor wasn't new, had 3k miles on it, but the roof has two marks on it's struts, will post a new topic tomorrow about it, looks like rubbing marks. Are these common? Very upset about the roof not working....

:thumbsdown:

braingirl

Post by braingirl » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:00 pm

is there a common theme in low mileage AUCs? ...and the reason for the low mileage?? :x

Maybe BMW should be putting more effort into making sure their cars are appropriate to sell? :thumbsdown:

I am sounding to much like a conspiracy theorist, so i shall stop now
Z4 35is, 326M, White Design

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mcbeee » Sun May 01, 2011 1:48 am

Bought my car from the showroom , had a thousand or so on the clock as the dealership was playing with it on weekends. No issues in 26000 kms other then breaking a valve spring..(that means taking the engine apart ) and I do tend to drive the crap out of it some days :oops: like today, many complaints from the OH.. "why are we going around the corners so fast? " "Because we can dear, because we can... " :P :P
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

zebedee

Post by zebedee » Sun May 08, 2011 8:26 am

jamesk3 wrote:Had my car delievered yesterday morning...

...very similar story with the roof. Waiting to speak to the service dept. on Tuesday. Really frustrated. My motor wasn't new, had 3k miles on it, but the roof has two marks on it's struts, will post a new topic tomorrow about it, looks like rubbing marks. Are these common? Very upset about the roof not working....

:thumbsdown:
Hope your all sorted now ? as I felt similarly dissapointed but sure it won't be long before you'll be enjoying driving with hood in it's natural position that of down :D

Me, very happy as all is well (toucher du bois ) and having loads of great driving. Just wish the stone chips would go away !! Pity there is not some sort of protective colour matched nose cone to protect from bloomin chips.
Alpine White sDrive35i with Ivory White Exclusive Nappa leather, 7sdct auto, V spoke 296's and now a smart top !

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun May 08, 2011 9:37 am

zebedee wrote:
! Pity there is not some sort of protective colour matched nose cone to protect from bloomin chips.
There is, it's the 3M clear wrap just used for this purpose.

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Sun May 08, 2011 10:17 am

Sorry to hearthis tale of woe but stop talkng to the salesman please - they are pond life interested in nothing but retaining their commission payment. Go to the dealer principal as suggested and wave this Clause 6 under his nose as well as demanding an explanation as to why an alleged AUC car was in such a shocking state of readiness.
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?