Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Kansas beige leather seat wear

gypsyroadhog

Re: Kansas beige leather seat wear

Post by gypsyroadhog » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:52 pm

I don't think it's dye from my jeans. The main area is the first joint up from the seat on the back rest. My jeans don't go that high. There is a definite dark area / line which I cannot remove. The car even had the Vehicle Protection Programme on it.
I have tried the leather cleaner BMW gave me and Turtle Wax leather cleaner.
I am at my wits end here - after only 1300 bloody miles in the car :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Well if you're concerned... warranty time. Pop it back to the dealer and ask them for their opinion... :driving:

willc8

Post by willc8 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Did anyone put any form of protector on their Kansas Beige leather seats when they first got their car? If so, any recommendations?

Btw, are dark navy denim jeans just a big no go in this interior?
Sdrive 28i M sport Auto transmission in Mineral Black with Kansas Beige interior. Comfort pack, stubby aerial and semi integrated sat nav.

bigendbob

Post by bigendbob » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:14 pm

I have Kansas beige. Car now done 34k. The lower bolster showing wear, where the colour seems to be rubbing off as i climb in, showing the dark under surface. Looks dirty but isn't.
I don't know how they made this leather, but the colour looks like its printed on. It has no colour depth to it. Bought off ebay some leather touch up paint, so when the weather warms up will try it.
Also slipped some cheapo Wilko seat belt pads and velcro to stop the seat belt rubbing the upper seat area.
Also noticed elbow stain starting on door arm rest.

bmwZ

Post by bmwZ » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 pm

I also had this problem with my car when I bought it. The Canberra beige leather was really dirty on drivers side. I thought of course it just was dirt. But no, this was something that could not be removed by any of those 6 different types of leather cleaners that I have :( I think this have been made by some kind of leather pants or similar(German car :rofl: ) Have seen this discoloring before and it was from leather belts on pants.

So, I had to change my leather :(

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:04 pm

I bet that wasn't cheap... I'd have repainted it (I'm from Yorkshire)...