Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replaced Battery Now No E-brake No Cruise Control etc

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:40 am

How to delete music from hard drive
Attachments
47266D9E-42AD-4682-A494-6F0CC17A6548.jpeg
47266D9E-42AD-4682-A494-6F0CC17A6548.jpeg (137.84 KiB) Viewed 631 times
CBFC730D-BD85-411C-8669-0135D5B9C989.jpeg
CBFC730D-BD85-411C-8669-0135D5B9C989.jpeg (138.7 KiB) Viewed 631 times
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:45 pm

Chippie wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:15 am The engine has to be up to normal operating temperature and the car on a level surface to check the oil level, if it still won’t read the oil level then you may have a faulty oil level sensor
Thank you. I was on pretty level ground and had driven the car about ten miles.....but I will try again. I've also read where low voltage from a battery can cause this error as well.

Why would BMW engineer a car where something as simple as low voltage could cause all these system failures......

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:54 pm

Chippie wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:40 am How to delete music from hard drive
Thank you. That's the first thing I did....refer to the manual.

But the options shown in the manual are not appearing on my screen. That's the oddpart. Otherwise radio/nav works fine.

Yesterday BMW service said they could not delete the files either. Then the service advisor, Parametch Sanhaphakd, tells me the tech used some tool to delete the files from the HD. Then I take the car home and find they are still there!

This is the same service Advisor who wanted me to pay for a diagnostics before doing the recall DME upgrade which, as I thought it might, fixed the E Brake not working problem.

The same Service Advisor who, at 5:00 p.m. yesterday, when I asked what it would cost to replace the three panels on my dash that all have bubbling leather (on a car that literally just turned 18k miles and is always garaged and when outside always has sunshades covering the dash), said it was too late to give me a quote (the closed at 6 or an hour later) but estimated labor alone was 18 hours at a rate of ~$200 per hour.

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:23 pm

flybobbie wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:36 am I have said about this for ages, software stopping the ebrake working should be a recall item, no different to a faulty air bag.
Ebrake is a safety critical item, if BMW have messed up they need to fix it.

Never had problem with ebrake but shortly after i bought my car a 2009 23i it was called back in 2013 for a security software update.
I wonder if that over the years stopped any problem with ebrake.

My colleagues car a 2012 at 12k miles the ebrake failed, last straw of various failures she got rid of car.
You are 100 percent correct. Owners manual states this brake also serves as an emergency brake so how/why BMW skirts taking responsibility for a critical safety item is really indicative of the corporate mindset at BMW....which is very disheartening.

I suspect every person who paid BMW to "update" their software to fix this problem had a car that needed the "recall" update and as such, should not have been charged at all.

BMW should have done a recall on this as, for them, it is an inexpensive fix of a defective design component.

Sounds like your friend who got rid of her Z4 had similar experiences with me at her BMW dealer. Really foolish as the MSRP on my car was just under $65k and the idea of buying another BMW product at this point encounters the existing bad taste in my mouth given these experiences.

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:27 pm

Valor1 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:54 pm

But the options shown in the manual are not appearing on my screen. That's the oddpart. Otherwise radio/nav works fine.

Yesterday BMW service said they could not delete the files either. Then the service advisor, Parametch Sanhaphakd, tells me the tech used some tool to delete the files from the HD. Then I take the car home and find they are still there!

This is the same service Advisor who wanted me to pay for a diagnostics before doing the recall DME upgrade which, as I thought it might, fixed the E Brake not working problem.

The same Service Advisor who, at 5:00 p.m. yesterday, when I asked what it would cost to replace the three panels on my dash that all have bubbling leather (on a car that literally just turned 18k miles and is always garaged and when outside always has sunshades covering the dash), said it was too late to give me a quote (the closed at 6 or an hour later) but estimated labor alone was 18 hours at a rate of ~$200 per hour.

Can you access other functions from the hard drive, like hard drive free capacity or backing up music collection?
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Chippie wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:27 pm
Valor1 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:54 pm

Can you access other functions from the hard drive, like hard drive free capacity or backing up music collection?
I'll have to see. THis became an issue when I put a CD in and rather than hearing my CD I heard other music that apparently had been stored to the HD.

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:08 am

This afternoon BMW of BH had a service tech contact me and together, with photos going back and forth of what my screen looks like and what it should look like, even the BMW Tech was stumped! He said to bring the car back in tomorrow. Just as I had said to the original Service Advisor, the option to delete is not even on my system.

At least we know this: The DME software update will fix the E-brake failure after a low voltage state....and this should be a free of charge fix as it is per a recall that BMW claims is "emissions" related.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:28 am

Valor1 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:08 am This afternoon BMW of BH had a service tech contact me and together, with photos going back and forth of what my screen looks like and what it should look like, even the BMW Tech was stumped! He said to bring the car back in tomorrow. Just as I had said to the original Service Advisor, the option to delete is not even on my system.

At least we know this: The DME software update will fix the E-brake failure after a low voltage state....and this should be a free of charge fix as it is per a recall that BMW claims is "emissions" related.
The thing is that recall ma be active in the USA but if its not active in the EU we won't get it done free :(
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:36 am

Ole gits rule wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:28 am
Valor1 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:08 am This afternoon BMW of BH had a service tech contact me and together, with photos going back and forth of what my screen looks like and what it should look like, even the BMW Tech was stumped! He said to bring the car back in tomorrow. Just as I had said to the original Service Advisor, the option to delete is not even on my system.

The thing is that recall ma be active in the USA but if its not active in the EU we won't get it done free :(
Only because people accept the situation and not kick up a fuss.
Report it to the DVSA that it is a serious fault.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:43 am

flybobbie wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:36 am

True but would need thousands to do it and not certain they will do much - my neighbour worked for the DVSA for years and he probably would have done something or spoken to someone.

Plus how many people have had the update during a service when BMW claimed the update was for something else such as Valour1
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:57 am

flybobbie wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:36 am

Yes, if more folks spoke up things would be different. Same with my Z8 tail lights. They are defectively designed people are not demanding BMW take responsibility and instead we're having to spend thousands to replace each one!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Valor1 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:57 am Same with my Z8 tail lights. They are defectively designed people are not demanding BMW take responsibility and instead we're having to spend thousands to replace each one!
Wow, you have a Z8 as well!

I know this is Z4forum, but I'm sure plenty of us would love to see some photos of that. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:02 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:52 pm
Valor1 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:57 am Same with my Z8 tail lights. They are defectively designed people are not demanding BMW take responsibility and instead we're having to spend thousands to replace each one!
Wow, you have a Z8 as well!

I know this is Z4forum, but I'm sure plenty of us would love to see some photos of that. :thumbsup:
I am certain I would like to see some pics of a z8 :thumbsup:

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:24 pm

A few pics. It's a Dinan S2 version.
Attachments
20191202_214819.jpg
20191202_214819.jpg (156.74 KiB) Viewed 495 times
20191123_161030.jpg
20191123_161030.jpg (170.51 KiB) Viewed 495 times
20191123_141452.jpg
20191123_141452.jpg (130.04 KiB) Viewed 495 times
20190630_104220.jpg
20190630_104220.jpg (185.62 KiB) Viewed 495 times
20190801_072757.jpg
20190801_072757.jpg (56.24 KiB) Viewed 495 times

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:58 pm

Stunning - one lucky man :thumbsup: