Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof motor replaced

deka

Roof motor replaced

Post by deka » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Just replaced the roof motor with a reconditioned unit, I also replaced the slalom relays for new. After plugging it all back together tried to run the roof cycle pressing the open button drops the windows then nothing the close roof button is green and pressing that does not make any difference. Have I missed anything did not need to top up the fluid after swapping the motor out as less than a quarter of a spoon full and it’s up to maximum. Any ideas especially as the button lights green
E89 2.5I Blue rubbish wheels
Gone But not forgotton. Z4 06 roadster 2.5 Midnight blue Hardtop black heated leather, stubby, phone kit, 108's PDC. ZHP

tintoverano

Roof motor replaced

Post by tintoverano » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:51 am

hi, try using some diag tool, preferably ISTA+, to see if there're any related DTCs
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

Webless

Roof motor replaced

Post by Webless » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:19 am

You might want to get a Foxwell unit if you dont want to go laptop/software and then check if any error codes are showing at all. If there are no codes then you may be in the same camp I was. I also replaced just the motor with a refurb and the relays but it didnt fix the issue, no error codes were coming up. So after two main dealer visits and a trip to an Indy I replaced the pump and motor with a new one, cost was circa £2.5k.
Z4 E89 35i M Sport - 2010
Crimson Red with Cream Leather
Fully loaded