Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyre pressure monitor not working

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:34 pm

Bear with me, I cant remember the exact details, but if anyone can interpret my description I'd be grateful.

The other day (might've been yesterday...god my memory is shot!) I had a bong and a message saying the tyre pressure system was not working. I turned everything off, got out to look for flats, got in, started and drove off, another bong but a little later it cleared, and didnt happen today. I checked the vehicle status in idrive and all corners were green.

My car is 2011 20 so I have the basic pressure system that monitors for flats, it doesnt tell me the pressures.

Anyone know what this might have been? Since I put non-runflats on I am paranoid about punctures so hope this isn't an imminent failure, but obviously only time will tell.

I did buy a Carly module (that I've been threatening to buy for ages) ready to register a new battery (that I've been threatening to buy for ages...but still haven't). So I haven't subscribed yet. I plugged it in when I got it several weeks ago and it told me there were error codes, but obviously wouldn't tell me any more until I subscribe. But it wasn't till yesterday that this happened so wonder if this is new.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Danglesberries

Post by Danglesberries » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:42 pm

Have you actually checked the pressures of all 4 tyres?

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:10 am

I have had that once.
Tyre pressures were normal.
So just reset and fine since.

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:14 pm

Danglesberries wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:42 pm Have you actually checked the pressures of all 4 tyres?
It wasn’t the warning telling me a tyre pressure was low, it was telling me the actual monitoring system was faulty.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:17 pm

flybobbie wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:10 am I have had that once.
Tyre pressures were normal.
So just reset and fine since.
That’s good to hear and obviously what I want to hear 😂

I guess it’s a case of just seeing if it happens again.

I might get an error code when I subscribe to Carly but unless it happens again before then I won’t subscribe just for this.
2011 E89 sDrive20i