Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Strange starting behaviour

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:09 am

Well, I have had the car to my indy for 4 days, they ahve been through everything no codes, all injectors(gen6), plugs, coils etc etc checked ok. MAP removed, all still the same, map reinstalled and still all ok!
Test driven several times with no symptoms!!!

Conclusion by the guys at RL is possible 'bad fuel'! Apparently a large number of cars have been stood for a long time due to various lockdowns. I filled it with a fresh tank of Shell V before i took it in so fingers crossed and worth bearing in mind if anyones dragging their car out of mothballs this week....

In addition Bernard at carly sorted me out so I can transfer my app to my iphone and a new adapter :-) Super happy, I can finally chuck that god awful galaxy note android shite in the bin........ Mind you give it its due, it lasted 12 years, only kept it to run carly though......
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

Busterboo

Post by Busterboo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:48 pm

mcbutler wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:09 am ... Conclusion by the guys at RL is possible 'bad fuel'! Apparently a large number of cars have been stood for a long time due to various lockdowns.
If this is the case and it may well be, is it possible that a substantial quantity of fuel has been held in storage depots and has gone 'bad' there, too?
Vidi, vici, veni

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:19 am

Busterboo wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:48 pm
mcbutler wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:09 am ... Conclusion by the guys at RL is possible 'bad fuel'! Apparently a large number of cars have been stood for a long time due to various lockdowns.
If this is the case and it may well be, is it possible that a substantial quantity of fuel has been held in storage depots and has gone 'bad' there, too?
Thats a fair point chum ...
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

R.E92

Post by R.E92 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:25 am

I think you're OK at filling stations now, the roads have been fairly busy all winter, it was only the first lockdown that people stopped using their cars.

Over the last couple of months I've turned up at a few filling stations that have run out of diesel or standard petrol so it's not like the fuel is just sitting in the tanks.