Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Salmon Relays where to buy

leomuzzi

Post by leomuzzi » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:44 pm

Hi all. Yesterday I had a roof behaviour similar to what some here described as a salmon relay fault.

On the closing sequence, the roof would just stop midway with both panels on the top of each other, the rear panel with the windscreen would not complete the closing. At the time I've assumed it could be because the road was slightly inclined to the side. I opened the roof again, worked fine, drove to another levelled place, tried to close and it stopped mid-sequence again. Then I opened it again, turned ignition off and on, and the roof closed.

From some posts I could find in this forum it looks like if could be the infamous salmon relay.

I've also looked into the boot and it doesn't seem to have any water by the pump.

What do you think? Would anybody know where I can buy the relays?

Best,

Leo
20i 14 Black

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:00 pm

Seems BMW dealer is as cheap as any other supplier. I paid £15 each (for relays that are the same can be bought for £7, but why mess around).
Used on many models, my dealer said they had loads in stock.

leomuzzi

Post by leomuzzi » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:18 pm

flybobbie wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:00 pm Seems BMW dealer is as cheap as any other supplier. I paid £15 each (for relays that are the same can be bought for £7, but why mess around).
Used on many models, my dealer said they had loads in stock.
Thanks! Will do.
20i 14 Black

leomuzzi

Post by leomuzzi » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:49 am

Just posting here to confirm to others: the new relays solved my faulty roof behaviour. All works perfectly now.
20i 14 Black

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:52 pm

Good. These cars have been around a long time now, i think every owner should just replace them as a precaution. Then say every 5 years. Cheap insurance.

warmasice

Post by warmasice » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:14 pm

flybobbie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:52 pm Good. These cars have been around a long time now, i think every owner should just replace them as a precaution. Then say every 5 years. Cheap insurance.
True. I'll be ordering a couple from my local dealer tomorrow.