Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

warning light when opening roof

garyidavies

Post by garyidavies » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:20 pm

My z4 is 2014.
Today when I tried to open the roof there was a red constant warning light and the roof opened but not smoothly almost jerking open and stopped in stages.
After it finally opened I decided to close it and the warning light came on again but it closed smoothly.I have now opened and closed a few times since and there is no warning light and it works ok but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else please?

HU51A_FU

Post by HU51A_FU » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:28 pm

I have had this issue, maybe dirty contacts on the switch...Mine hasn't done it recently though. To stop it doing it in stages when opening and closing i had to operate the windows lol.....weird!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:20 pm

HU51A_FU wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:28 pm I have had this issue, maybe dirty contacts on the switch...Mine hasn't done it recently though. To stop it doing it in stages when opening and closing i had to operate the windows lol.....weird!
Ah, but yours is a floppy top.

garyidavies, firstly welcome to the forum. Hopefully when you have sorted this you will take time to introduce yourself, along with a few photos to keep everyone happy.
In the meantime, is this the first time the roof has been opened for a while? Maybe as simple as everything being a bit cold and stiff.
If it's been ok since you might be fine.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

HU51A_FU

Post by HU51A_FU » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:32 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:20 pm
HU51A_FU wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:28 pm I have had this issue, maybe dirty contacts on the switch...Mine hasn't done it recently though. To stop it doing it in stages when opening and closing i had to operate the windows lol.....weird!

garyidavies, firstly welcome to the forum. Hopefully when you have sorted this you will take time to introduce yourself, along with a few photos to keep everyone happy.
In the meantime, is this the first time the roof has been opened for a while? Maybe as simple as everything being a bit cold and stiff.
I seem to have a follower :rofl: :poke:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:36 pm

HU51A_FU wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:32 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:20 pm

Lived my early years in West Sussex, so keep an eye on it to make sure the neighbourhood isn't going downhill. :D :poke:

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

HU51A_FU

Post by HU51A_FU » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:55 am

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:36 pm
HU51A_FU wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:32 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:20 pm Ah, but yours is a floppy top.

Lived my early years in West Sussex, so keep an eye on it to make sure the neighbourhood isn't going downhill. :D :poke:
Horsham is fine its Crawley you want to watch :?

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:35 am

Might have same problem as my car, broken wire that keeps making and breaking. If the controller can't see status of a sensor, perhaps it's trying to stop.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:38 am

HU51A_FU wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:55 am
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:36 pm
HU51A_FU wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:32 pm I seem to have a follower :rofl: :poke:
My old man is still in Rustington

HU51A_FU

Post by HU51A_FU » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:14 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:38 am
HU51A_FU wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:55 am
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:36 pm nice around there!

My old man is still in Rustington