Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

!!! z4 no any code no power !!!

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:42 pm

Hello friends;

my vehicle is 20i e89 2013 z4. It has been 6 months since I bought the vehicle, but I could not use it yet. because the car can go from 0 to 100 kilometers in 11 seconds. and absolutely no error codes. bmw inspected the services and they said it was normal and left me alone with the car, a 20i 184hp engine goes up to 100 km in 11 seconds and this is normal for bmw !!! It is no different from a turbocharged engine and there is 0 acceleration in acceleration. In the 6-month period, injectors, vanos, air flow meters, new turbo spark plugs were tested and the car did not respond at all. The ECU worked for 1 month, the original software was rewritten, so we put a new brain on the car because it did not respond, the car did not respond again, we brought another z4 and wrote its software directly to my car, perhaps because there was manipulation in my car, but the car did not react. I spent an incredible 6 months of money and even if BMW does not own it to drive me crazy, I can not digest that my 20l 184hp 2013 model car goes a 1.2L 80hp. do you think why. We checked every place that could be serious. Could it be a simple and unexpected situation? Does anyone from you experience this situation? As a note, there is a software developer who said that the ECU does not demand pressure above 0.5 bar from the car when it comes to the live log record, but the engine does not fulfill the order when the ECU does not demand it, but there is no sign in the software, there is no code and ultimately That friend said I could not do the car and handed it back to me.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:22 am

The 0-100kmh should be around 7 seconds so something is definitely not right. As you have new turbo, maybe the timing is worth looking at? It is not unheard of that the timing chain tensioner can fail, causing the chain to jump a tooth. Worth checking maybe?

A good diagnostics tool should be able to show where the problem is just by monitoring boost pressure/ knock/ lambda/ timing live data Has engine compression been checked?
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

R.E92

Post by R.E92 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:07 pm

Most faults with the car would cause either an CEL or a horrible noise. If something serious like compression issues the engine would run even more rough than a 4cyl engine already does.

It's quite hard to follow what you've written so apologies if you've already done this but you need to hook it up to ISTA and do a full diagnostic. To me it sounds like the ECU is not correctly programmed and running in a failsafe mode. ISTA should display those kinds of faults as hidden codes so they won't show up on any other diagnostic scanner.

There's all kinds of possible causes for that scenario. The ECU could have been flashed with the program from a different car with an N20, like a 320i. The slight differences between I/O in a 320i and Z4 20i would cause the problems you're seeing. I don't know the N20 engine that well but I do know there are multiple wastegate control systems for it and I also expect there to be changes in sensors.

I've had the exact same symptoms you are describing while playing around flashing my N54. I had forgotten to change the power class flag in the DME so when driven the engine would not boost at all but it didn't throw any lights, just drove really slowly without any boost, like a 30i.

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:24 pm

Hello, first of all, thank you for your interest.

After 5 months of mechanical checks, we focused ourselves on the ECU, but no errors were found in the ECU, we experimented with a new brain, the car still did not react positively. Thereupon, we pulled the brain software from the same car and wrote it directly to my car. the car again showed no reaction. BMW authorized service has already examined the car for 1 week and had previously stated to us that they could not find any problems in the mechanical or ECU that they connected online to GERMANY, but we still did these operations. My comment is a very small detail that escapes our eyes, even if a new brain is written to the car, it does not allow direct turbo pressure even if another car is copied. Although I said absolutely do not do it, a master wrote the car to 245hp and I deleted it directly. but at 245hp the car could reach 100km in 7.5 seconds. If there was a serious problem with the car, it could not give this performance anyway. There is already a zero taken turbo on the car. injectors changed, spark plugs changed, vanos heads tested, air flow meter checked, pipeline compression was zero leakage. and the car really runs smoothly but doesn't accelerate. There is no slightest accident in the car or a change in its engine. What can trigger the cut-off of the turbo pressure in the car except our operations?

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Hello, first of all, thank you very much for your interest.

We recorded the car live with a programmer, the ECU provides all the data it requests from the mechanic. but the ECU certainly does not demand pressure above 0.5 bar from the turbo. Our turbine is a zero never used turbocharger. And we checked the software to the bottom of the car and did not find any errors at our BMW authorized service. However, we did not try a new brain, we cloned the brain of another z4 20i e89 2013 model car into my car, again it did not react.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:23 pm

abdullah wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:24 pm Although I said absolutely do not do it, a master wrote the car to 245hp and I deleted it directly. but at 245hp the car could reach 100km in 7.5 seconds.
That’s still 2 seconds too slow for that map, should be around 5.5 seconds running a 28i 245bhp map

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Is the handbrake stuck on? :D

Here's me hoping you appreciate my humour. :wink:
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Fat Yucca

Post by Fat Yucca » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:13 pm

Just throwing this one out there...

perhaps the throttle position sensor is faulty/not set correctly? Not sure if any diagnostic would pick this up.

Boltz

Post by Boltz » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:01 pm

I would get it booked in with a good tuner on a rolling road and get them to have a good look at it for you
    VW Golf GTI Edition 35

Previous E89 18i manual Msport LCI, remapped, 282 bhp 453nm torque, Supersprint exhaust, decatted, stubby, BMW Performance Big Brake Kit, Msport rear valance and diffuser, Inovit 19inch Vector alloys, Msport black grilles.

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:27 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:38 pm Is the handbrake stuck on? :D

Here's me hoping you appreciate my humour. :wink:
    yes i laughed at your humor: D i will check: D

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:28 pm

Fat Yucca wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:13 pm Just throwing this one out there...

perhaps the throttle position sensor is faulty/not set correctly? Not sure if any diagnostic would pick this up.
    i will check this side thank you.

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:29 pm

Boltz wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:01 pm I would get it booked in with a good tuner on a rolling road and get them to have a good look at it for you

i couldnt understand what you mean exactl. can you explain this more ?

Boltz

Post by Boltz » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:00 pm

Well, find a reputable tuning company who have a rolling road and get them to do some diagnostics for you and they will be able to tell you exactly what is going on and what bhp,torque, boost etc being produced by hooking the your car up to the computer whilst it is being run on the dyno.
    https://youtu.be/DtsA_q-ndUQ
    VW Golf GTI Edition 35

Previous E89 18i manual Msport LCI, remapped, 282 bhp 453nm torque, Supersprint exhaust, decatted, stubby, BMW Performance Big Brake Kit, Msport rear valance and diffuser, Inovit 19inch Vector alloys, Msport black grilles.

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:18 pm

Boltz wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:00 pm Well, find a reputable tuning company who have a rolling road and get them to do some diagnostics for you and they will be able to tell you exactly what is going on and what bhp,torque, boost etc being produced by hooking the your car up to the computer whilst it is being run on the dyno.
    https://youtu.be/DtsA_q-ndUQ
    we did this on the road. Of course we tested it on dyno first. Neither on the road nor on the dyno any advance value was less or more than requested. But the problem we identified here is that the ECU never requested pressure above 0.5 bar from the turbo. and in my opinion, whatever the source of the problem is, it prevents the ECU from requesting pressure from the turbo. and this happens without giving any fault codes.

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:34 pm

we did this on the road. Of course we tested it on dyno first. Neither on the road nor on the dyno any advance value was less or more than requested. But the problem we identified here is that the ECU never requested pressure above 0.5 bar from the turbo. and in my opinion, whatever the source of the problem is, it prevents the ECU from requesting pressure from the turbo. and this happens without giving any fault codes.
    [/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts1Lpbs ... llahKAYMAZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlOXuAG ... llahKAYMAZ