Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

!!! z4 no any code no power !!!

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:01 am

abdullah wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:52 am
Raj_UK wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:34 pm Any update on this? I was finding it really interesting!
unfortunately :( we canceled the oxygen sensor and tried it. We did a DME reset. We tried a new brain. We did a software copy from another e89. There was no improvement. my ridiculous car goes to 100 in 11 seconds and there is no fault code and our trials were inconclusive. .
Have you done a log of the timing and compared it against a known good, perhaps if the timing isn’t advancing correctly and then it won’t demand boost?
Different car but I had a kit car with a bike throttle body swap and whoever did it didn’t connect the throttle potentiometer up correctly and it didn’t advance the timing and was very flat until you got up in the higher revs, once I switched the wires around it pulled right through the Rev range
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Chippie wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:01 am
Raj_UK wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:34 pm Any update on this? I was finding it really interesting!
unfortunately :( we canceled the oxygen sensor and tried it. We did a DME reset. We tried a new brain. We did a software copy from another e89. There was no improvement. my ridiculous car goes to 100 in 11 seconds and there is no fault code and our trials were inconclusive. .
Have you done a log of the timing and compared it against a known good, perhaps if the timing isn’t advancing correctly and then it won’t demand boost?
Different car but I had a kit car with a bike throttle body swap and whoever did it didn’t connect the throttle potentiometer up correctly and it didn’t advance the timing and was very flat until you got up in the higher revs, once I switched the wires around it pulled right through the Rev range
Didn't you have any fault codes?

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:53 pm

abdullah wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Being a kit car it had a dedicated ecu and I didn’t have a lead or software to read it, it was a very basic set up not even ABS or traction control, didn’t even have a radio 😁
I was just trying to think of anything that could be holding back the power

abdullah

Post by abdullah » Wed May 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Chippie wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:53 pm
abdullah wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Being a kit car it had a dedicated ecu and I didn’t have a lead or software to read it, it was a very basic set up not even ABS or traction control, didn’t even have a radio 😁
I was just trying to think of anything that could be holding back the power
We watched the car live on the road again. And we realized that the car advance value is constantly pulling itself back. The retraction angle is up to 6 abgles after 3 angles, and up to 9 angles after 5,000 cycles.

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Wed May 19, 2021 10:53 pm

Have you checked the knock sensor and its wiring