Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Voice Command Beep “ cancel“

FabZ4

Post by FabZ4 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:07 am

When I press the steering wheel voice command button I get a beep then “cancel” and the system shuts down. It’s been like this for a long time as I hardly ever used the voice command because when I did it didn’t work very well. Still, I’d prefer if it worked. Does anyone know a way to reset the system?
3.0i black sapphire, coral red leather heated sports seats, auto, paddles, 293 alloys, bluetooth, elec fold mirrors, auto lights.wipers, PDC

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:32 pm

FabZ4 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:07 am When I press the steering wheel voice command button I get a beep then “cancel” and the system shuts down. It’s been like this for a long time as I hardly ever used the voice command because when I did it didn’t work very well. Still, I’d prefer if it worked. Does anyone know a way to reset the system?
You are just giving the speak button a brief press and not holding it ?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

FabZ4

Post by FabZ4 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:17 pm

I’ve tried both. Once the beep goes she says “cancel” and shuts down!
3.0i black sapphire, coral red leather heated sports seats, auto, paddles, 293 alloys, bluetooth, elec fold mirrors, auto lights.wipers, PDC

FabZ4

Post by FabZ4 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:19 pm

ronk wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:32 pm
FabZ4 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:07 am When I press the steering wheel voice command button I get a beep then “cancel” and the system shuts down. It’s been like this for a long time as I hardly ever used the voice command because when I did it didn’t work very well. Still, I’d prefer if it worked. Does anyone know a way to reset the system?
You are just giving the speak button a brief press and not holding it ?
As below it makes no difference..