Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New turbo

Silverstar

New turbo

Post by Silverstar » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:54 pm

Well if they have come through and sorted out the problem you wouldn't be naming and shaming them by announcing what company you used but you would in fact being giving them a good recommendation as more people are likely to use them knowing that they will sort out any problems should they arise.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

New turbo

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 am

Silverstar wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:54 pm Well if they have come through and sorted out the problem you wouldn't be naming and shaming them by announcing what company you used but you would in fact being giving them a good recommendation as more people are likely to use them knowing that they will sort out any problems should they arise.

Assuming that they identified a problem and have taken steps to prevent it happening again.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Danglesberries

New turbo

Post by Danglesberries » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:12 am

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 am
Silverstar wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:54 pm Well if they have come through and sorted out the problem you wouldn't be naming and shaming them by announcing what company you used but you would in fact being giving them a good recommendation as more people are likely to use them knowing that they will sort out any problems should they arise.

Assuming that they identified a problem and have taken steps to prevent it happening again.
Obviously! :headbang:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

New turbo

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 am

Danglesberries wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:12 am

Why 'obviously'? There is no evidence that they've said, 'oh yes, this is the issue, we'll fix it', simply that they've agreed to settle with the OP.
I would not go there myself purely on those grounds as who can say it wouldn't happen again.
Therefore, my initial comment still stands (regardless of any head-banging), that at this point in time the OP could only give them a good recommendation for settling his problem.
It would require a better explanation of what they found and how they have mitigated against that occurring again in the future before a full recommendation could be given.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pooltee

New turbo

Post by Pooltee » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:33 am

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 am
Danglesberries wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:12 am

Why 'obviously'? There is no evidence that they've said, 'oh yes, this is the issue, we'll fix it', simply that they've agreed to settle with the OP.
I would not go there myself purely on those grounds as who can say it wouldn't happen again.
Therefore, my initial comment still stands (regardless of any head-banging), that at this point in time the OP could only give them a good recommendation for settling his problem.
It would require a better explanation of what they found and how they have mitigated against that occurring again in the future before a full recommendation could be given.
Exactly the point I was trying to put across earlier. The issue here isn’t the fact the OP has a faulty turbo, the problem is why has he got a faulty turbo.

Through all the turbos you want at the car. The the original cause of failure isn’t addressed, those new turbos will just keep on coming.
2013 Z4 20i sDrive.

Remapped, and currently “interior” rattle free.

Early midlife crises and so far loving every minute of it!