Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

boot/trunk not close properly

Chao

Post by Chao » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi recently has experiencing the problem with boot/trunk closing. Once drop the trunk, the boot started making the "contracting" noise and shows it is trying to close. Sometimes it can closed automatically after it tried for over 15 times, sometimes it can be closed with a bit external pressure by manually pushing it down. However, most of time it won't work and remain "disclosed" and making a noise while driving. However it is locked just not closed properly. This also impact the normal function of raising the roof up since the boot/trunk is not closed properly.

I am wondering whether any owner here have been experienced the similar problem and through what it can be fixed.

Thanks very much!

Chao

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:05 pm

Chao wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:06 pm Hi recently has experiencing the problem with boot/trunk closing. Once drop the trunk, the boot started making the "contracting" noise and shows it is trying to close. Sometimes it can closed automatically after it tried for over 15 times, sometimes it can be closed with a bit external pressure by manually pushing it down. However, most of time it won't work and remain "disclosed" and making a noise while driving. However it is locked just not closed properly. This also impact the normal function of raising the roof up since the boot/trunk is not closed properly.

I am wondering whether any owner here have been experienced the similar problem and through what it can be fixed.

Thanks very much!

Chao
It sounds like the common soft close wiring fault viewtopic.php?f=45&t=91766&hilit=Soft+close&start=15
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold