Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car on jack orange warning on ignition??

Maybach_man

Post by Maybach_man » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:51 am

mot due?

TONYMOR

Post by TONYMOR » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:34 pm

Done.

step_change

Post by step_change » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:06 pm

I had this too when I hadn't driven the car for a couple of months. I went into iDrive and Vehicle status it said "Excessive Drain on Battery" or words to that effect. I drove the car a few miles and then reconditioned the battery that weekend. Hasn't come back since. Three weeks ago.

Had something very similar on my BMW 535 as well during lockdown when car not used much. Same thing; reconditioned the battery and it went away.

These cars have so many electronic gizmos that consume battery power even when the car is switched off that they steadily run the battery down.
Gone :( : 2013 35is, Melbourne Red, DCT, Nav, Comfort pack
Gone: 2007 2.5is, Montego Blue, Auto, Nav

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:08 pm

step_change wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:06 pm I had this too when I hadn't driven the car for a couple of months. I went into iDrive and Vehicle status it said "Excessive Drain on Battery" or words to that effect. I drove the car a few miles and then reconditioned the battery that weekend. Hasn't come back since. Three weeks ago.

Had something very similar on my BMW 535 as well during lockdown when car not used much. Same thing; reconditioned the battery and it went away.

These cars have so many electronic gizmos that consume battery power even when the car is switched off that they steadily run the battery down.

Forgot to come back to this post!
SORNd my 335d for a couple of months and had exactly the same thing. Gave it a long run to Cardiff and back and all was well.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

TONYMOR

Post by TONYMOR » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Great news. I trickle charged my car for 24 hours and since it’s been no problem.

Broads

Post by Broads » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:54 pm

I had that symbol lately, after a 300mile round trip. I stopped the car and restarted, hasnt come back.
But I did notice after a clean at the weekend my soft close had stopped working. Sure enough the usual culprit so fixed easy enough. But wondered could the system have been warning me back then that the loose intermittent break may have caused an alert?
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_zed_head
Current: (2012) 20i Deep Sea Blue Z4 - E89
Past: (2000) 1.9 Topaz Z3