Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Start up problems

R.E92

Start up problems

Post by R.E92 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:55 am

[email protected] wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:33 am The file.
You are getting a load of timing corrections. Normally that's either bad fuel or bad spark plugs, since you changed the plugs recently I would think it's the fuel. That tune is designed for 102RON fuel, do you get that kind of stuff up in Sweden? It's possible that any fuel you are getting at the moment has been sat around for a long time due to the huge drop in fuel demand.

Also your intake temperatures are really high. The weather is probably as hot as it's going to get at the moment but still seems higher than I would expect for a stage 1 tune. Maybe a small boost leak somewhere causing the turbos to work harder. The wategate positions do seem quite high for that boost target.

Did you reset the fuel adaptations after changing injectors? If not I would certainly do that as any fuel corrections it had to make with the old leaking injectors will still be in place.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Start up problems

Post by ph001 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Yeh, it’s vital to reset the long term fuel trims when replacing injectors. Also it might take a few days driving for the ecu to fully adapt to the new fuelling.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

[email protected]

Start up problems

Post by [email protected] » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:15 pm

R.E92 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:55 am
You are getting a load of timing corrections. Normally that's either bad fuel or bad spark plugs, since you changed the plugs recently I would think it's the fuel. That tune is designed for 102RON fuel, do you get that kind of stuff up in Sweden? It's possible that any fuel you are getting at the moment has been sat around for a long time due to the huge drop in fuel demand.

Also your intake temperatures are really high. The weather is probably as hot as it's going to get at the moment but still seems higher than I would expect for a stage 1 tune. Maybe a small boost leak somewhere causing the turbos to work harder. The wategate positions do seem quite high for that boost target.

Did you reset the fuel adaptations after changing injectors? If not I would certainly do that as any fuel corrections it had to make with the old leaking injectors will still be in place.
The fuel 102 ron should if I am not wrong be the same as 95 oct right? We also got 98 oct as regular gas but I have used 95.

I also saw the higt iat. During my drive yestetday i had the monitor up all time. The tempreture was under regular drive like 24-35 degres. When using more power never over 45. So I really dont understand this figures, but I will fore sure keep an eye on it.

How can I reset the fuel adaption?
The new injectors were replaced at a nown BMW dealer so shuoldent this be done by them you think?
BMW Z4 35is 2012 white style M313
MHD stage 1+
PiperCross airfilter
WT intercooler
Simons exhaust axelback
Else OEM
If in doubt, just flat out!!!
free direct file hosting

[email protected]

Start up problems

Post by [email protected] » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:17 pm

ph001 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:08 pm Yeh, it’s vital to reset the long term fuel trims when replacing injectors. Also it might take a few days driving for the ecu to fully adapt to the new fuelling.
Good point. Ill give it dome days before I make a new log. 👍
BMW Z4 35is 2012 white style M313
MHD stage 1+
PiperCross airfilter
WT intercooler
Simons exhaust axelback
Else OEM
If in doubt, just flat out!!!
free direct file hosting

R.E92

Start up problems

Post by R.E92 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:13 pm

[email protected] wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:15 pm
R.E92 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:55 am

The fuel 102 ron should if I am not wrong be the same as 95 oct right? We also got 98 oct as regular gas but I have used 95.

I also saw the higt iat. During my drive yestetday i had the monitor up all time. The tempreture was under regular drive like 24-35 degres. When using more power never over 45. So I really dont understand this figures, but I will fore sure keep an eye on it.

How can I reset the fuel adaption?
The new injectors were replaced at a nown BMW dealer so shuoldent this be done by them you think?
Fuel adaptations can be reset in MHD quite easily. It's under the codes menu.

You need to pay attention to what the fuel you are buying is rated at. If you're sure it's 102RON then that's great but I'd be surprised, that's classed as race fuel in most places. In the UK we have 95RON standard and 99RON as a premium fuel.
You have a lot of timing corrections so there's a problem somewhere. I would visually check the injector install and make sure they didn't forget the decoupling elements.

Where did the new plugs come from and what model are they? If they are from Amazon or eBay there's a strong possibility of fake plugs. Plenty of news recently about Chinese knock-off spark plugs making the rounds.