Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

wing mirror glass came out

scootr

Post by scootr » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:46 pm

I know I've read of this before. I don't know how common this is. Search didn't find this exactly? I apologize if I missed it.
Driving today I see the wing mirror wiggle upon acceleration. I see the glass has slipped down a bit and I reach out and easily pluck the glass from the housing perhaps a moment before it fell out :o Once home I applied a little contact cement to both surfaces and put the mirror back in place.
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GAZA62 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Seems to happen on heated wing mirrors ive had it with my Z and previous car the heat must affect the bonding well that's my guess have saved some and lost some last one hit me in the face and dinged the side of the car before I saw it hitting the road behind me in my rear view.
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

scootr

Post by scootr » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:23 pm

GAZA62 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm Seems to happen on heated wing mirrors ive had it with my Z and previous car the heat must affect the bonding well that's my guess have saved some and lost some last one hit me in the face and dinged the side of the car before I saw it hitting the road behind me in my rear view.
Yikes. Guess I WAS lucky then.
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace