Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

High speed vibration?

tintoverano

High speed vibration?

Post by tintoverano » Wed May 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Z4Rick wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:40 am
tintoverano wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:14 am
Z4Rick wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:21 pm The shop took off the front tires, checked their balance, (they were fine), and remounted them after rotating the disc/hubs 60 degrees.
how could they rotate it with 60 degrees?
Good catch!! My math mistake!!....they moved 2 bolt holes. 5 bolt holes divided into 360=72 degrees per hole. 2 holes is 142 degrees. We moved one wheel forward 142, and the other backwards 142 on their hubs.
I'm relieved :D :thumbsup:
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

oskaulata

High speed vibration?

Post by oskaulata » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:20 pm

I recently remounted my dry weather wheels\tires. They were new KUHMOs I got filthy cheap from tire rack. I intend to track the car 3-4 times this summer and hope this set will last. Road Force spun balanced and mounted by a local and very reputable dealer. cinema hd v2The car runs straight, smooth and balanced with no issues at all. Until I hit about 85MPH.

At 85 I begin to pick up a high frequency vibration in the steering wheel. It continues up to about 120. Beyond that I don't know - ran out of empty highway.....

It does not result in any bad behavior, just an annoying vibration that unsettles my concentration.....
Are your edges OEM or reseller's exchange and have you utilized these edges on your vehicle previously?? Are your center points clean with the goal that the wheels fit totally face-flush on the center points? You may require "nozzle rings" to guarantee a solid match among edge and center point.

Are the bolts forced appropriately?

Some of the time the tire fitters don't adjust down to 5gms which can make a vibration just at higher paces.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

High speed vibration?

Post by Pondrew » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:39 pm

oskaulata wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:20 pm
Are your edges OEM or reseller's exchange and have you utilized these edges on your vehicle previously?? Are your center points clean with the goal that the wheels fit totally face-flush on the center points? You may require "nozzle rings" to guarantee a solid match among edge and center point.

Are the bolts forced appropriately?

Some of the time the tire fitters don't adjust down to 5gms which can make a vibration just at higher paces.
I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what that post means. I've read it a couple of times (allowing for the fact that the poster's first language is not English) but still nothing :?
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!