Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car front sitting high

marioz4

Car front sitting high

Post by marioz4 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:00 am

mcbutler wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:36 pm You could have the car inspected professionally by a vehicle inspector. He will tell you definitively what is wrong. If it turns out to be installation error or incorrect part then you would have a claim against the garage.
Thx - vehicle inspector, sorry i even dont know that vehicle inspector exist...are they "experts"? i am not looking to claim money ( at least not at this point) i just want to get to bottom of this and resolve the issue

mcbutler

Car front sitting high

Post by mcbutler » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:15 am

Just ref read the thread and see you are in Barcelona, lucky you.
I am sure you will have these people in Spain. In the UK you can access them through motoring organisations like the AA or the RAC.
Disregarding any claim they will examine the vehicle and tell you what is wrong, which is what you want.
At that point you can decide how to proceed to correct the issue.
I just googled vehicle inspectors in Barcelona and had a few come up.
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

marioz4

Car front sitting high

Post by marioz4 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:07 am

mcbutler wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:15 am Just ref read the thread and see you are in Barcelona, lucky you.
I am sure you will have these people in Spain. In the UK you can access them through motoring organisations like the AA or the RAC.
Disregarding any claim they will examine the vehicle and tell you what is wrong, which is what you want.
Oh Mark i wish i can share your optimism...yes i am in Barcelona and when u have an UK car and try to do anything here price goes 5x in addition i must say here are useless... except good party and food... :D

Silverstar

Car front sitting high

Post by Silverstar » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:42 am

marioz4 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:07 am
mcbutler wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:15 am Just ref read the thread and see you are in Barcelona, lucky you.
Oh Mark i wish i can share your optimism...yes i am in Barcelona and when u have an UK car and try to do anything here price goes 5x in addition i must say here are useless... except good party and food... :D
I am in southern Spain and have to say after being here a few years I have now finally managed to find some decent mechanical and body shops who do a good job at a very fair price. I generally tend to find that the ones that overcharge the Brits are other Brits or others that serve primarily Brits and other northern Europeans. In Spanish they call vehicle inspectors Peritos, try googling peritos de Coches Barcelona. Here a similar body to RAC AA would be RACE perhaps they can help with inspections too.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

marioz4

Car front sitting high

Post by marioz4 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Silverstar wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:42 am
marioz4 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:07 am
I am in southern Spain and have to say after being here a few years I have now finally managed to find some decent mechanical and body shops who do a good job at a very fair price. I generally tend to find that the ones that overcharge the Brits are other Brits or others that serve primarily Brits and other northern Europeans. In Spanish they call vehicle inspectors Peritos, try googling peritos de Coches Barcelona. Here a similar body to RAC AA would be RACE perhaps they can help with inspections too.

Thanks, i was thinking that Peritos are just when you have an accident to evaluate damage to the car for the insurance purpose, at least this is my experience with them... will have a look and speak to few locals. However i really would like to pick other people idea on what it may be wrong...i think ( and just guessing) that springs need to go in a specific place and that suspension should not be tighten while car is in the air...

marioz4

Car front sitting high

Post by marioz4 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:28 pm

keving1 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:48 pm If the spring is M Sport and car was sitting at the correct ride height before dampers & springs were changed, then it can only be the following-
  • Spring is not located properly in strut, there is a set location at top and bottom of the strut that the spring sit
  • Strut is not fully pushed down into hub
  • The strut is not correctly located at the top going into the car body
  • The strut is incorrect, there are different struts for different models - I don't know if this would make a difference to the height but worth checking?
Thank you some very valid points... all possible except last pint - shock absorbers - strut dos not influence car height 8)

marioz4

Car front sitting high

Post by marioz4 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 pm

UPDATE: Reason for car sitting high is: Z4 needs to be lovered and driven for 1-2km before arms are tighten. In anther word if car is up and they instal new suspension and tighten all while car is up it will sit high