Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A (pigeon) problem and a solution

Busterboo

Post by Busterboo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:51 pm

Cees Klumper wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:21 am There is one, actually two, things. We have those whistles on the front of the car, AND we drive much slower on roads known to have deer crossing so there's more time to react. I hope you ended that poor deer's suffering ASAP.
Deer and roads in England are smaller than in America (and the deer often so than in Scotland). English deer, in my experience, tend not to wander on the roads, but spring out onto them before running across, so "whistles" aren't often much use.

You're right, though. Driving slower helps.
Vidi, vici, veni

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:19 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:22 pm
mcbutler wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:06 pm
buzyg wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:11 pm Preferable to dear. My son has a ponshan for Roe dear. One wrecked his Ford Ka. :cry: The second had the decency to all ready be dead when he ran over it in his Mx5. just cracked the bumper on that one. :roll:
I was in a car that hit a young dear one evening in Dorset, it was very distressing, this beautiful little thing was disembowelled, its back leg ripped off and still alive. I did not know deer can scream, it is awful.
Dear.
I was starting to think that this was a little old lady until I read back leg. I think they only have front legs.
I’m pretty sure that even when the individual is very little and very old, we still call their front legs ‘arms’. Of course, when very, very little and very, very young these ‘arms’ might be confused for front legs :P
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone