Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof issues

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Roof issues

Post by ronk » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Chippie wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:26 pm
step_change wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:51 am I never operate the roof on my 35is without me in the car and the engine running. I can't see the use case of why anyone would do otherwise?
On a hot summer’s day opening the roof before getting to or in the car let’s the interior cool down and is also easier to get in
Especially so when you’ve got dodgy legs :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Gjm91

Roof issues

Post by Gjm91 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Following quite a bit of driving over the weekend , Roof operation seems to have returned to normal - works off fob and opening sequence has sped up - gonna get the battery checked this next week and make sure the Zed gets more of a run each week - thanks for all help and advice
E89 2.0 i S Drive M Sport
TT MK1 Roadster
RR Evoque
Now gone E85 2.0 SE

step_change

Roof issues

Post by step_change » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:33 am

That sounds like a key fob battery issue where there is not enough juice in the key fob for a sustained press and transmission to the car. You driving a lot over the weekend charged it up.
Gone :( : 2013 35is, Melbourne Red, DCT, Nav, Comfort pack
Gone: 2007 2.5is, Montego Blue, Auto, Nav

Pbondar

Roof issues

Post by Pbondar » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:27 pm

step_change wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:33 am That sounds like a key fob battery issue where there is not enough juice in the key fob for a sustained press and transmission to the car. You driving a lot over the weekend charged it up.
It may be but..I see that the main pump runs a 40 amp fuse..that's quite a draw..with a sagging, aged battery , it could all start well but the 'puters may intervene as the voltage rail sags and halt proceedings..without a real time analyser you will never know..

There are so many weird interactions on these cars...

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Roof issues

Post by flybobbie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:58 pm

If the battery was completely dead, how do we get in if locked out.
The key i suppose, but thinking about it in 7 years of ownership i have never tried to use the key to get in.

I wonder if the system is programmed not to operate the boot if the battery is low.