Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

USB port in glove box faulty?

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:02 pm
Silverstar wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:49 pm
cerbera wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:18 pm What age is your E89? The early one's cannot be upgraded via USB unless they've had a software update. I believe you can update via USB if the screen shows a tick with an i

Capture.PNG

If it does have this and you still can't install updated maps, try adding some music to the cars hard drive via the same USB (glovebox) to see if it is indeed working.

Also, if you can get it to work see viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83208&p=1242216&hi ... a#p1242216 on how to upload the route you want to travel (NC500) into your Z4 sat nav :thumbsup:
+1. When I upgraded my maps the online store I got it from told me the same thing. I sent them photos of my screen and they said even though I had the USB in the glove box the maps could only be upgraded via CDs hence sent me 3 CDs.
If you look at your screen and if there is a circle with an I and a mapa-bmw-premium-cic-20181-e60-f10-f11-e70-x5-x6-debica-475659669.jpg tick in it then you can update the maps through the usb drive in the glovebox
Yes there is a tick there but before I purchased the updated maps I contacted the store and they asked me to send a photo of the map screen and the map version screen, based on that they told me to get the discs. On their web site it says only cars after March (I think) 2010 are able to download via the USB unless it has had a firmware update from BMW. Which I don't really know if mine has had done. I believe my map version was 2013 before I updated it.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Overweight Unicorn

Post by Overweight Unicorn » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:39 am

Cheers guys.

The tick is ticked and the map version has been verified as all good for the USB update, but still nothing.

I'm at a loss now. I guess it's back to Waze :thumbsdown:
E89 23i M Sport Highline
Alpine white
Red Coral
19" 326M

Overweight Unicorn

Post by Overweight Unicorn » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Well after going through plenty of frustrations, even to the point of maxing out my Mac storage, I have finally got the update to install.

Unfortunately I can't help anyone with the solution, as I have no idea what i did to get it to work?

Thanks to those who offered their guidance. :thumbsup:
E89 23i M Sport Highline
Alpine white
Red Coral
19" 326M

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Overweight Unicorn wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:48 pm Well after going through plenty of frustrations, even to the point of maxing out my Mac storage, I have finally got the update to install.

Unfortunately I can't help anyone with the solution, as I have no idea what i did to get it to work?

Thanks to those who offered their guidance. :thumbsup:
Sadly, its often the case with these cars, there is a degree of hit n miss, compounded by undocumented histories of twiddling by former owners /garages.

I have an unresolved issue with iPhone 5 SE not playing through USB connection..in the end I just moved on.. :thumbsup:

Of course using a MAC is the work of the devil to do Windows stuff.. :rofl: