Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Whistling air vents!

ProfCJJ

Whistling air vents!

Post by ProfCJJ » Mon May 20, 2019 11:30 pm

During my road trip to Scotland (posting another thread soon) my E89 has developed a high pitched whistle (when I am driving closer to the upper end of the speed limit!). Through a process of elimination - closing off vents and redirecting the air - I’ve narrowed it to the central two vents. I guess there must be a leaf or something caught in there causing the whistle. Before I take the vents off from inside the cabin to take a look, can anyone tell me where the air intake is please so that I can check “both ends” - as it were!

Ended up driving with two centre vents closed it was so annoying!

Cheers
Last edited by ProfCJJ on Tue May 21, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Whistling air vents!

Post by flybobbie » Tue May 21, 2019 7:58 am

Take off the wipers and the plastic trim in front of windshield. It clips on.

I have what sounds like a cricket in my fan, comes and goes.

ProfCJJ

Whistling air vents!

Post by ProfCJJ » Tue May 21, 2019 1:36 pm

flybobbie wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:58 am Take off the wipers and the plastic trim in front of windshield. It clips on.

I have what sounds like a cricket in my fan, comes and goes.
Thanks - so the inlet is hidden under there! I will have a go.

Cheers
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.