Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Can’t turn traction control off

Rich-hill

Post by Rich-hill » Tue May 07, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi,

I touched on this in a different thread but thought it would get seen with a specific one.

I have a 35i and I’m unable to turn TC and DSC off.

If I select sport + I have no amber light that stays on in the dash and can’t break traction

If I tap the TC/DSC button by the gear lever the centre dash it displays ‘traction’ and I still can’t break traction. (No amber light on, in the cluster)

If I hold it down for 5-6 seconds the dash displays DSC OFF (by memory) but NO amber light in the cluster... and I still can’t break traction. For example in this mode on a greasey road, hard acceleration and the TC light flashes and cuts in.

If I engage launch control, I don’t get the amber light in the dash (just the flag). Then when releasing the break the TC kills power.

The DSC light in the centre works, as it shows on start up.

Any suggestions? No fault codes at all.

Rich-hill

Post by Rich-hill » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:55 pm

Have had the car fault codes checked again, with no codes showing. Any ideas what this could be?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:08 pm

There is a sensor built into the driver's seat. It measures various parameters and decides whether or not the driver can be trusted to operate without the nanny devices.
Have you tried a different driver?

:D :poke: :evil:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: