Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof issue, battery

salvador.chavarria

Roof issue, battery

Post by salvador.chavarria » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:13 am

Hi All, I have been doing some research but I haven't found something similar.

I have a 2009 e89, I started having issues with my battery so I got it checked and I was told both battery and alternator are OK and just need it to get it recharge. Then I got a Ctek charger and as I live in an apartment I took battery out, do I need to register the battery?

Also not so sure if linked to above as I didn't try right away (due to winter) but can't get the roof to open, while pressing button down windows will go down and then that's it and after 20-30 seconds led will go red but no messages, it will recognize if partition is not well placed, car driving or boot/trunk open

Thanks in advance. Your help and comments are greatly appreciated

tintoverano

Roof issue, battery

Post by tintoverano » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:17 am

no need to register the battery

did you try opening the roof w/ running engine as well and checked the boot?
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

salvador.chavarria

Roof issue, battery

Post by salvador.chavarria » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:30 pm

Thanks for the reply, good to know no need to register battery.

I will take a deep look into the boot

Yes, I've tried to open the roof with the engine running and no luck. Wondering any sort of reinitialization/restart required since I took battery out?

tintoverano

Roof issue, battery

Post by tintoverano » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:33 pm

try reading the fault codes via OBD and see if there's anything related
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

clarker63

Roof issue, battery

Post by clarker63 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:37 pm

salvador.chavarria wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:30 pm Thanks for the reply, good to know no need to register battery.

I will take a deep look into the boot

Yes, I've tried to open the roof with the engine running and no luck. Wondering any sort of reinitialization/restart required since I took battery out?
no you can disconnect the battery without causing any issues. sounds like something more fundamental if it doesnt work with the engine running IF the alternator is producing enough voltage - do you know what it reads across the terminals when its running? Can you hear any noises when you push the button? there should be lots of noises from the boot opening etc. I'm assuming it doesn't open or do anything..
35is, sadly gone, but not forgotten.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Roof issue, battery

Post by flybobbie » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:24 pm

TONYMOR

Roof issue, battery

Post by TONYMOR » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:09 pm

I maybe hi jacking here but I'm looking for an answer to my question which is , my roof functions perfectly with engine running but doesn't want to work from key on unlocking.
Is there any connection in these queries?