Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Radio Professional

Col280

BMW Radio Professional

Post by Col280 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:44 am

Hi all, having a couple of problems with the stereo in my 2010 E89, it has trouble playing CD’s, I either get a can’t read cd or if it does play, it skips a lot. When playing through my iPod, the sound level drops quite often. I still have a couple of month on my BMW warranty, does anyone know if the CD player is covered by this.
Ps, it’s the Professional unit in the car.
Thanks for any assistance.

road warrior

BMW Radio Professional

Post by road warrior » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 am

tried putting a cleaning disk in ?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Col280

BMW Radio Professional

Post by Col280 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:50 am

Not yet, not sure I still have one of them😂😂😂 that wouldn’t explain the volume loss from the iPod though.

Vonlipvig

BMW Radio Professional

Post by Vonlipvig » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:11 am

My cd player behaves exactly the same way as yours, not bothered sorting it yet. The volume through aux was going up and down like yours too. I found turning down the speed sensitive volume (can't remember it's proper name) helped as well as having the volume max on the phone. It still does it a bit of you really crank it up, probably an automatic clipping on it
2009 Sapphire Black 23i