Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Drivers window switch

mark_geraghty

Drivers window switch

Post by mark_geraghty » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:56 pm

I have an e89 and the switch to drop/close all 4 windows at once is very loose. Does anyone have any experience of popping the switch out and fixing the lose switch? It does work but feels like it could wobble free at any moment.

I wondered if I could get to the plastic and superglue the two parts together if something is broken or click the switch back in place if its popped out.

The other 4 switches and power fold mirrors etc all work fine.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Drivers window switch

Post by flybobbie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Think it will be aa door card off job, had to do that to re-secure switch connector after my windows failed in full open position.

mark_geraghty

Drivers window switch

Post by mark_geraghty » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:13 pm

flybobbie wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:04 pm Think it will be aa door card off job, had to do that to re-secure switch connector after my windows failed in full open position.
Once you got the door card off could you see if your switch was lose and could be popped back into place?

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Drivers window switch

Post by flybobbie » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 pm

From memory the switch is just one piece, i would have a look ebay see if one for sale.

Pbondar

Drivers window switch

Post by Pbondar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:37 am

mark_geraghty wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:56 pm I have an e89 and the switch to drop/close all 4 windows at once is very loose. Does anyone have any experience of popping the switch out and fixing the lose switch? It does work but feels like it could wobble free at any moment.

I wondered if I could get to the plastic and superglue the two parts together if something is broken or click the switch back in place if its popped out.

The other 4 switches and power fold mirrors etc all work fine.
It’s a one piece unit around £90 gets a replacement of flea bay...