Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rattling Roof 2015 car

Araf

Rattling Roof 2015 car

Post by Araf » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:58 pm

In December as part of the end of the three year new car warranty check organised by Sytner Birmingham I asked them to look at the folding roof as it had become noisy, rattling like no end over our pot holed roads. The noise was coming from above and behind the drivers seat and was of a rattling nature. Certain parts were ordered from Germany and fitted a week ago under warranty. The work I was told , consisted of lubricating the seals and placement of some felt pads. It has done the trick and the roof is now rattle free. BMW clearly know of the issue.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Rattling Roof 2015 car

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:00 pm

Araf wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:58 pm In December as part of the end of the three year new car warranty check organised by Sytner Birmingham I asked them to look at the folding roof as it had become noisy, rattling like no end over our pot holed roads. The noise was coming from above and behind the drivers seat and was of a rattling nature. Certain parts were ordered from Germany and fitted a week ago under warranty. The work I was told , consisted of lubricating the seals and placement of some felt pads. It has done the trick and the roof is now rattle free. BMW clearly know of the issue.
It’s all on here, “maniac” posted a guide for several common rattles/buzzes :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Araf

Rattling Roof 2015 car

Post by Araf » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:10 pm

Thanks Rob . I had read those but you know what it’s like trying to pin-point a rattle when moving and with the roof up there ain’t a lot of room to reach etc. Sytner did a good job in resolving the issue. I must admit that I am still wary of stopping the roof part way up or down to look at things as I just don’t trust it. Sad really.

Barneybee

Rattling Roof 2015 car

Post by Barneybee » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:36 pm

Mine did that on the day I picked it up, wasn't too happy about it.
Dealer took it back in and fitted some felt pads been ok since all under warranty thank goodness.
Never drive faster than your angels can fly

2016 E89 SDrive 2.0i MSport Auto Valencia Orange