Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hesitation under acceleration

Richw88

Post by Richw88 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:01 pm

E89 2.5 23i manual

Behaving oddly on the way home from work tonight, quite hesitant under acceleration. Not jumpy with it but felt like it was holding back. Thought it might be over enthusiastic traction control but seemed to do it with esp off as well. Is the esp ever truly off? Just as a side note it was also absolutely slabbing it down with rain. I've never noticed this when it's not raining, and I've not had to drive it in rain this bad before

Any ideas?

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:12 am

Not sure what it’s like in the E89 but when you turn esp off do you get a triangle warning light on the dash or just the three letters?
Now: Z4MC Titan Silver
Gone: E86 3.0Si Sport Titan Silver - M exhaust + bumper - Battery Relocated - Aero Front
E86 3.0Si Sport Silver Grey - Carbon Diffuser - Aero Kit - B/Box Mod - Storm MW V2
E85 2.5 Si Sport Titan Silver

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:21 pm

If it was just a bit of a holding back feeling it’s likely just deep rain/resistance from the water on the road.

If it’s a lot of hesitation and only when raining then the car could be drawing in spray.

Check you air filter, if it’s wet you need to find out how water is getting into the intake. If it’s dry then see above.