Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone know this fault code?

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi all, only went for a short drive to take a few pics while the weather was nice but on my way back I had an air bag light warning come on. Popped down to my local garage who helped by putting his code reader on and it came up as. DTC= 9426 Description=MRS Pedestrian Actuator, Front Right. Status= Current.
He did put out the light out but it came straight back on, he tried to google the fault but couldn't come up with what it was.
Help would be appreciated if anyone knows what I need to do. :?

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:26 pm

E89 S Drive 35iS

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Its a sensor in the Bumper that when activates, lifts the rear end of the bonnet..If you google BME MRS Pedestrian actuator..it will throw up some ebay results...
E89 S Drive 35iS

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Hunter wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 pm Its a sensor in the Bumper that when activates, lifts the rear end of the bonnet..If you google BME MRS Pedestrian actuator..it will throw up some ebay results...
Thank you Hunter I find that amazing, lifts the rear end of the bonnet :!: I couldn't think why a sensor in the front bumper was there as a pedestrian protection system :o but now I can see why that would help a pedestrian upon impact. :thumbsup:
Later this afternoon I took the car to a different mechanic who again put the fault reader on it and found that fault code, he switched the fault off and this time, so far, it has stayed off. But even he said he had never come across this fault before. I must say my Ghast is Flabbered. :roll: Bet this is the first post with this fault??

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm

zedwheels wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm
Hunter wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 pm Its a sensor in the Bumper that when activates, lifts the rear end of the bonnet..If you google BME MRS Pedestrian actuator..it will throw up some ebay results...

Thank you Hunter I find that amazing, lifts the rear end of the bonnet :!: I couldn't think why a sensor in the front bumper was there as a pedestrian protection system :o but now I can see why that would help a pedestrian upon impact. :thumbsup:
Later this afternoon I took the car to a different mechanic who again put the fault reader on it and found that fault code, he switched the fault off and this time, so far, it has stayed off. But even he said he had never come across this fault before. I must say my Ghast is Flabbered. :roll: Bet this is the first post with this fault??
I hadn't heard of it until I googled the relevant words
E89 S Drive 35iS

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Hoping that the warning light stays off now, I would think its an expensive repair otherwise! :cry:
Good find by the way. :thumbsup:

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Advice needed please.
Bloody light came back on again :evil: OK now I have ordered the part and will replace the faulty one.
I did ask Sytners and they confirmed that the new part is fit & play so no coding will be needed after refit. Next issue now is do I tackle the job myself?
Does anyone know if this sensor can be fitted from underneath or will the bumper have to be removed? and if it does, is removal a DIY task?

Deferd

Post by Deferd » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi
My car hit a traffic cone, the cone went under the car but before it did so, it hit the front bumper and activated the pedestrian protection system.The bonnet raised itself up about two inches all over.
The cost was £1600 to have it returned to its normal state.

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi I am back again with this red warning light. I took the car to a Bosch garage and they put the code reader on and it comes up as the same fault of Pedestrian Protection sensor.

There is no problem with the bonnet I can open it and it shuts flat so no issue with the actuators being faulty.

When I bought the car it didn't have the usual handbook that shows pictures of what warning light comes up on the dash to identify the problem.
I have searched about on various forums and this issue seems to have been discussed often, some have posted a photo of the dash light but on their cars it is different to what I have showing. I cant find one that shows what light is given for this fault on an E89 2Ltr. (No I drive)

Can I ask if you have a handbook with your car will you post a photo of what light would show on the dash for this fault please, because to me it looks like an airbag problem or maybe it is this bumper sensor again :headbang:

I'm going to try and upload a photo I have taken that shows an airbag inflated in front of a seated passenger.
I have had a new bumper sensor fitted and the warning went off for just a day???
Problem 028.JPG
Problem 028.JPG (148.51 KiB) Viewed 1000 times