Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help - rough running 35is

Lil_g_1234

Help - rough running 35is

Post by Lil_g_1234 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Hunter wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:22 pm
Lil_g_1234 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:32 pm
Hunter wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Mine did the exact same thing..2012 35IS and it was a single coil pack
Just had a call from the Indy, misfire on 2 & 5. 5’s coil pack has some oil on it (suspected from oil being spilt while topping up, as all valve gaskets are fine, previous owner... :headbang: ). So we’re replacing both, just because Christmas is coming so the Indy could do with the extra work (I’m guessing) and new spark plugs. Fingers crossed that sorts it! I’m just relieved it’s not the injectors! Indy said my injectors are working fine, which is nice to know :thumbsup:
Nice one, i was almost 100% sure that was all it was going to be. forums are great but tend to throw up the worst possible outcome if a fault is posted when 99% of the time its an easy fix. Its a bit like self diagnosing a medical complaint, the net says your going to die, but you just have wind and need a good fart :)
:rofl: Using this analogy, redex must be a vindaloo?

Cars much better now. Also did the hesitation reset. Much better. Gets rid of what used to feel like riding the clutch as it pulled away.
Z4 3.0l - gone
650i - gone
Z4 35is - Current