Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DTC button and comfort/sport selector doesn't work.

tau0

Post by tau0 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 am

Hi all,

I've recently buy a z4 2010 2.3i and missed during a check that I have an issue with traction stability button and comfort/sport mode selector, they seem to be disabled and do nothing if I press them.

Do they have a separate fuse? Should they light up when the lights are on as other buttons (they are black all the time)? The check engine signal is not active and I don't have significant fault codes in ECU.

Carista diagnostic log: https://pastebin.com/SHPpMb70

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Perhaps the connector underneath has come loose. Lift the gear gaiter plastic trim if manual, you may be able to reach under the switch.
I had same problem with the door card switch. My windows got stuck down, but i noticed the illumination on it was out. So just thought bad earth or connector. I removed, cleaned and refitted switch connector and all as been fine since.

tau0

Post by tau0 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 pm

Thanks for the tip! I will try it on a weekend.

But if we have a bad connection to the button shouldn't we get a fault code?

Also, I'm wondering to to which ECU is it connected (to check an other end of a cable)? Does it go through JBE?

tau0

Post by tau0 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:28 pm

You were right! A connector was a problem, I was able to reconnect it after lifting a gear plastic as you suggested.