Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

More Rear End Noise - Fixed

Rathean

Post by Rathean » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Honestly the number of times I've cringed going over a speed bump at low speed because it sounds like the rear end is about to drop off with a loud thud... 'tis not good :headbang:

So, decided to trust my local dealership... they've been good about 75% of the time so odds are in my favour... to sort it out.

To my surprise they came through!! Apparently this time it was just loose underside panels and heat shields that had worked themself loose and were missing a few bolts. Now has that solid new car feel again, well at least until the next rear end issue rears its ugly head :poke:
2011 X3 30d MSport black, 8-speed auto, leather everything
2011 Bimmer Z4 35i diamond black, 6-speed manual, full caboodle (hibernating) :driving:

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:31 pm

On this note does anyone else's car front rubbers go all squeaky in the hot weather when going over speed bumps?

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:44 pm

flybobbie wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:31 pm On this note does anyone else's car front rubbers go all squeaky in the hot weather when going over speed bumps?
I had this issue and my mechanic friend squirted some sort of lube on the rear anti roll bar drop links or something and it stopped the squeaks over bumps
Now: Z4MC Titan Silver
Gone: E86 3.0Si Sport Titan Silver - M exhaust + bumper - Battery Relocated - Aero Front
E86 3.0Si Sport Silver Grey - Carbon Diffuser - Aero Kit - B/Box Mod - Storm MW V2
E85 2.5 Si Sport Titan Silver