Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Condensation

Morcky

Condensation

Post by Morcky » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi guys front lamps in the bumper water getting in or condensation how do i sort it please ??

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Condensation

Post by Nictrix » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Your best bet is to post in the E85/86 section and more people with more knowledge may see it and answer.
From what I have read its a common problem that some people fix by drilling small holes in the lens.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

the_sweenie

Condensation

Post by the_sweenie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:45 pm

I used a hairdryer and with any excess water in the base of the lamp, I used an off cut of hosepipe and sucked the water out and continued to use the hairdryer inside the light unit as well as on the front of the lamp to get rid of the condensation. Probably took 45-60 minutes each side. I then greased the rubber surrounds on the lamp cover to seal the unit. Not had an issue since. Just a word of warning just be careful not to melt the lens or any components. Hopefully you don’t have leaks on any of the seals around the light unit. Hope you get it sorted.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Condensation

Post by buzyg » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Nictrix wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:16 pm Your best bet is to post in the E85/86 section and more people with more knowledge may see it and answer.
From what I have read its a common problem that some people fix by drilling small holes in the lens.
They do! :o