Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Draughty Armrest,,

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Draughty Armrest,,

Post by RustyZ4 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:13 pm

I have noticed that when I crack my drivers window for a bit of fresh air while driving, I get a heck of a draught coming from under the door armrest sort of into the door pocket , on further inspection there are several rectangular cut outs that the draught is coming out of.

I have searched but cant find if there are any "bungs" to fit in this, does anyone know if there are and where I can get them?

I have put a bit of cloth black tape over them for the moment, as something like this starts to get to me :oops:
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

mcbutler

Draughty Armrest,,

Post by mcbutler » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:34 pm

When you remove the door trim panel from the front door there should be a plastic sheet beneath it. Might be worth popping the panel off and having a peek inside. It may well have been left off if DIY work has been done on the car in the past. It is a vital part of the car as it keeps any damp or draughts inside the dor and away from the expensive fascia panel. Most vehicles have this.

Item number 8 on this illustration they call it insulation..
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... Id=51_7270
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Draughty Armrest,,

Post by RustyZ4 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:31 pm

mcbutler wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:34 pm When you remove the door trim panel from the front door there should be a plastic sheet beneath it. Might be worth popping the panel off and having a peek inside. It may well have been left off if DIY work has been done on the car in the past. It is a vital part of the car as it keeps any damp or draughts inside the dor and away from the expensive fascia panel. Most vehicles have this.

Item number 8 on this illustration they call it insulation..
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... Id=51_7270
Cheers for that, I will check it out
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional