Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Seat wear from the belt

AuchinclossZ4

Seat wear from the belt

Post by AuchinclossZ4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Suspect I am not alone in this. There is starting to be wear on the top right shoulder of the driver chair from the seatbelt. Not keen on a seatbelt cover. Older Z’s had a guide. I am thinking that there might be an aftermarket fix that lifts the seatbelt up from the reel? Any ideas or other solutions?
Z4 35i DCT alpine white over ivory nappa.
M140i auto alpine white over black.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Seat wear from the belt

Post by Smartbear » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:21 pm

I’ve only heard of belt covers being used to stop the marks, the lack of headrest tubes stops normal guides being used :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Seat wear from the belt

Post by Maniac » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:19 pm

I just use alcantara cleaner to keep the marks away. Does a good job. That areas looking a little worn from the years of rubbing now tho.

Busterboo

Seat wear from the belt

Post by Busterboo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:38 pm

As I've posted before, I use sheepskin belt covers (made to length - 15" - by nurseyheepskin.co.uk), which work very well, especially on 'Ivory' white Alcantara.

There are now several Google pages of these covers by several makers, so it's obviously a popular solution. That said, I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to ... er ... 'wear' them to a ZEDfest. :oops:
Vidi, vici, veni