Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Driver side switches not working

Aroper

Post by Aroper » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:33 pm

None of the switches on the driver's side door are working on my e89. I've googled extensively.
Windows go up and down with the roof fine, and passenger side works fine off that switch so don't think it's a window motor fault.
So far I've unplugged the mirrors to see if they're at fault, but the window switches still didn't work.
I've checked fuses, all good.
I've taken door panel off, couldn't see any broken wires.
Took the switches apart and they did look like they had a bit of corrosion on the board but it wiped straight off.
Thinking maybe switches but don't really want to waste £80 without knowing for definite.
Anybody else had anything similar or may know how to solve it.
Or as a long shot, Is there anybody local to Plymouth who would be willing to let me test with their switches please?

Cheers
Adrian

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:29 pm

is there power getting to them? do they still light up?
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

Aroper

Post by Aroper » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Yes they still light up, I've tried disconnecting the battery, that's just got me the radio now not picking up stations 😖
Cars... Got to love them

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Aroper wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:46 pm Yes they still light up, I've tried disconnecting the battery, that's just got me the radio now not picking up stations 😖
Cars... Got to love them

Yes indeed, have you checked the battery is OK, I know when they start going all sorts of things go crazy, when mine started going on my E85 the radio would just come on randomly, and my passenger window would not work, but my roof would go up and down, go figure
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

Aroper

Post by Aroper » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Battery is showing as nice and healthy on the multimeter, and the roof is going down on the key which I think from reading is a good sign of the batteries health?