Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A bit of alarm knowledge please?

Maybach_man

Post by Maybach_man » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:06 am

Hello all.
I have a 2016 20 petrol. The key is the standard push in the dashboard one with three buttons. One for closing one for opening the car and one for the boot. At the moment the boot button doesn't seem to work...is this something that is programmed in the car..or by the dealer?
Also, I was reading the quick start manual and there is a section on 'comfort' locks. As I understand this means you can open the car without touching the key fob if you are near the car...is this correct...and should it be on the car...or is it an option....or does the dealer have to code this to work?

Thanks in anticipation..

Geoff

keeby

Post by keeby » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:36 am

As far as I'm aware, the boot button only opens the boot when the car is already unlocked, which seems a bit pointless. The comfort mode is you mention is a factory fitted option.

Keith

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:41 pm

The boot button requires you to hold the button for a few seconds before it opens slightly.
It doesn't raise completely, just kinda unlocks and lifts an inch or so if that.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)