Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear indicator issue

Lindo

Rear indicator issue

Post by Lindo » Fri May 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Hello, I have a 2012 Z4 and have an issue with the rear drivers side light, the indicator works sometimes and sometimes it does not, when it doesn't I have the warning bulb flash up on the instrument panel, it is intermittent but today it worked so I stopped and checked the light while indicating, looking at the strip it was lit up over half way then about an inch not lit up then the rest of the strip worked, if that makes sense, my question is does it have more than one bulb? or is it an LED light strip? if LED can it be repaired or will I need to buy a whole new light unit? hope my question makes sense and hope for some good news in the replies. Thanks in advance Ian

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Rear indicator issue

Post by flybobbie » Fri May 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Water has leaked in, design and material fault, been in the the rain recently?
Can take off and dry out and seal. Look elsewhere on the forum.

Gaffa22

Rear indicator issue

Post by Gaffa22 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:45 am

Lindo wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:01 pm Hello, I have a 2012 Z4 and have an issue with the rear drivers side light, the indicator works sometimes and sometimes it does not, when it doesn't I have the warning bulb flash up on the instrument panel, it is intermittent but today it worked so I stopped and checked the light while indicating, looking at the strip it was lit up over half way then about an inch not lit up then the rest of the strip worked, if that makes sense, my question is does it have more than one bulb? or is it an LED light strip? if LED can it be repaired or will I need to buy a whole new light unit? hope my question makes sense and hope for some good news in the replies. Thanks in advance Ian
New unit required have a look on eBay. Expect to pay iro £140
2010 E89 35i DCT
2017 Honda CBR1000RR fireblade
2016 Honda VFR1200F

Lindo

Rear indicator issue

Post by Lindo » Sat May 26, 2018 2:11 pm

BMW have quoted £256 fitted all in which would cover me for 2 years as well, that doesn't seem too unreasonable for bmw as it looks quite complicated to fit myself, would others say that price is OK?

clarker63

Rear indicator issue

Post by clarker63 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:02 pm

Depends how handy you are. I paid 125 from euro car parts on their sale. Takes about 30 mins to fit per side. I've just done both on mine. You have to take off some of the interior trim but it's relatively easy!
35is, sadly gone, but not forgotten.