Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Low Mileage not necessarily a good thing.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat May 19, 2018 8:58 am

£216 for new discs and pads. :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: In my dreams maybe. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sat May 19, 2018 9:15 am

Nice job :thumbsup:

One dose of winter salt slush will set off corrosion like that in no time at all and who jet washes the underside when it's snowing?. Cars used in areas with a lot of snow and gritting can be a mess underneath particularly brakes and pipes.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Crista

Post by Crista » Sat May 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Couldn’t agree more Ewasix - my only gripe is though if the suspension components and other stuff were painted properly in the first place then they shouldn’t really corrode other than in areas with the odd stone chip. That’s said I suppose all the bolt on stuff underneath is classed as consumeable although I wouldn’t want to be paying Main Dealer prices to replace the rear subframe a few years down the line. I’ve treated everything with scale and repaint on the accessible bits and ACF50 on the rest. Probably this winter I’ll Sorn it for a couple of months while I drop everything off underneath the back end and repaint it properly. Now retired this is the last expensive (to me) car that I buy so it will need to last a long time which comes at a good time as out of all the Boxters, MX’s, RX’s, SLK’s, Stags etc I am enjoying driving this more than any other.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun May 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Ewazix wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:15 am Nice job :thumbsup:

One dose of winter salt slush will set off corrosion like that in no time at all and who jet washes the underside when it's snowing?. Cars used in areas with a lot of snow and gritting can be a mess underneath particularly brakes and pipes.

In my area of the country they use salt and grit like there’s no tomorrow so I SORN the zed at the end of October and it doesn’t come out of the garage until April when the salt has been well washed away. Added to that it’s also just a fine weather car and only comes out when it’s going to be warmed thro.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Crista

Post by Crista » Sun May 20, 2018 1:12 pm

This year was particularly bad for salt and gritting in Scotland but it did keep the roads safe - until the potholes came along .....

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun May 20, 2018 2:25 pm

I’m sure they see potholes as a cheaper than speed bumps traffic calming method!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: