Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bonnet catch

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

Bonnet catch

Post by jabber » Mon May 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Does anyone know if the bonnet catch cable is adjustable, my lever has to pulled as far as it will go to release the bonnet. I have greased and oiled the bonnet latches but this hasn’t made any difference
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Lance

Bonnet catch

Post by Lance » Mon May 07, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi Jabber

Not sure if the bonnet release set up has changed from the E85, if it has the below will be of no use, if similar it may help. (Cut from a previous post).

When you pull the bonnet release lever, is there any resistance, as in it's trying to release the catch? Or is the lever loose as if it's attached to nothing?

If the latter, I had this issue a couple of years back, was this..........The bonnet release cable is in two parts, first goes from the lever to a small junction box that's located just in front of the water bottle (mines a 2003 2.5), standing at the front looking into the engine bay it's clearly accessible and visible behind the top of the headlight and in front of the water bottle. Within the junction box is a small sliding mechanism to which the release cable attaches to, the second cable to the bonnet is attached to the same mechanism. However, on mine the junction box became detached from the body work and therefore the inner gubbings couldn't work as the whole unit was moving. Simply reattached to the body and all was well again.

Good luck.