Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cigarette lighter power intermittent? And Bluetooth pairing issue

OculusPrime

Post by OculusPrime » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

First post here in the forum, looking forward to contributing over the years.

Just got a 2013 facelift E89 2.0i , great car loving it but a couple of niggly issues.

The cigarette lighter forward of the gear stick is intermittent when powering my USB adapter, I have tried an OEM and generic usb adaptor and it takes a lot of fiddling around to get it to work. And unreliable at that. Has anyone had a similar problem ?

The other issue is a cannot pair my iPhone with the idrive Bluetooth , every time try to pair to the cars Bluetooth signal , I don’t receive the paring code , only get the spinning wheel on my iPhone and it times out. I’ve tried 2 other iOS devices with the same result. Any ideas?

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Tue May 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Have a look inside the cig lighter socket. If it has ever been used to light cigarettes it may have deposits on the central terminal at the bottom of the socket.
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

Busterboo

Post by Busterboo » Fri May 04, 2018 1:35 am

A long shot ... the cigarette lighter is live only when the ignition is on.
Vidi, vici, veni

OculusPrime

Post by OculusPrime » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:21 am

Thanks for the tips ....

Eventually worked out the Bluetooth pairing as it was waiting for ME to type in a pairing code first! Doh

Also the cigarette lighter is much better after a clean up , think it was a contact issue, still a little intermittent but ok if not disturbed too much.