Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Condensation In Rear Light And Advice Needed

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Finally got round to cleaning the Z today, I noticed I have condensation in the offside rear light :( , the car is under BMW warranty, so I assume I will have no problem getting them to change it, the question is, do I push for both rear lights to be replaced? I gather reading the threads that they do a modded unit now, so I don't want one replaced for the other to do the same out of warranty,

Another small issue I noticed is the trim where the wipers are, that sits against the windscreen, is lifting slightly between the wipers, so it not sitting firm against the glass, I will raise it with BMW, but I wondered if anyone here had experienced this or know if it will lead to issues

Thanks in advance

Russell
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:04 am

Good luck with BMW regard the tail light. Seems replacements are as bad as the originals.
The plastic trim i have had off in the past to clear out any leaves that have found their way underneath. It just clips on and off once the wiper blade arms have been removed. Could be a clip has broken if it's lifting. Water just drains away under the trim so no leak problems.

Burple

Post by Burple » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:15 am

I just had my driver's side rear light replaced by my local dealer 2 weeks ago. The car itself is a 2013 which we got from them last summer. Luckily the wife is a demon "negotiator", and we got a 2 year warranty with the car :evil: :rofl: (along with a year MOT and a year tax - the kind of sealed the deal!)
Anyway, I only got the one that was leaking done, as the other is perfectly ok. Thankfully I still have a year and a bit warranty left, so I'll be watching the other one carefully now! I didn't see the point in replacing the other one, as the car is very clean anyway, and there's no problem with it. It was pretty painless getting them to do it, the Customer adviser I spoke to took a couple of photos to show the warranty guy, and it was approved the next day when he was in... makes me think it's not uncommon! :?
Good luck!