Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bubbling paint on roof

Chuffer

Bubbling paint on roof

Post by Chuffer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:10 am

I noticed that the paint was bubbling slightly on the corner of the two sections of folding roof. The total area was small, about half the size of a postage stamp. I rang my local main dealer from where I purchased the car 5 years ago when it was three years old then. They advised to bring it down so they could have a look. I did this & they took pictures which were then sent off to BMW HQ and about a week later the car was booked in for a roof respray. I had a courtesy car for 10 days (nice 125D with all the extras) and they have done a superb job including replacing all the rubber seals around the roof.
I can't fault the service and the BMW warranty on their paint, the dealers have always serviced the car and I have to say been very helpful and not frightened me with any bills over the five years. They also spotted a couple of worn tyres which were replaced at a very good price and replace the 8 year old battery for a good price, can't fault any of it! The main dealers are Ocean BMW in Penryn Cornwall.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Bubbling paint on roof

Post by mr wilks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:30 am

Chuffer wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:10 am I noticed that the paint was bubbling slightly on the corner of the two sections of folding roof. The total area was small, about half the size of a postage stamp. I rang my local main dealer from where I purchased the car 5 years ago when it was three years old then. They advised to bring it down so they could have a look. I did this & they took pictures which were then sent off to BMW HQ and about a week later the car was booked in for a roof respray. I had a courtesy car for 10 days (nice 125D with all the extras) and they have done a superb job including replacing all the rubber seals around the roof.
I can't fault the service and the BMW warranty on their paint, the dealers have always serviced the car and I have to say been very helpful and not frightened me with any bills over the five years. They also spotted a couple of worn tyres which were replaced at a very good price and replace the 8 year old battery for a good price, can't fault any of it! The main dealers are Ocean BMW in Penryn Cornwall.
All sounds good & nice to hear positive comments about a main dealer :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Bubbling paint on roof

Post by firebobby » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:30 am

I think I remember when puff Pastry had his E89 and the roof started to corrode, he demanded new panels, as they are aluminum. He wanted to make sure it didn't reappear a few years down the line. :|
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Pastry

Bubbling paint on roof

Post by Pastry » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:53 am

firebobby wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:30 am I think I remember when puff Pastry had his E89 and the roof started to corrode, he demanded new panels, as they are aluminum. He wanted to make sure it didn't reappear a few years down the line. :|
That’s correct Fred. I had a real battle to get them to do anything though as BMW UK were adamant the roof wasn’t covered under the paint warranty :roll:
Got my new roof in the end though :thumbsup:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i