Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof / boot problems

MatthewM

Roof / boot problems

Post by MatthewM » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi there,

I am having problems with my 2010 35i and I was hoping that somebody might be able to give me some pointers. I was having issues with my roof not closing (roof down button flashing, roof movement impaired warning) so I decided that i'd try disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds then reconnecting it to see if it made any difference. However after waiting a couple minutes for everything to reset, I then closed my boot to see if this had solved my roof problem and now I cant get into the boot.. :headbang:

So now the roof mechanism isn't working and I have locked myself out of my boot. The car still starts fine and the battery isn't dead but as far as i'm aware there's no other way in.

Is there a fuse for the boot or anything else which I could try?

Thanks for your help!

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Roof / boot problems

Post by markplant » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Look up diet coke man on here , he's very good with e89 roof issues, or try and get codes read,
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Gaffa22

Roof / boot problems

Post by Gaffa22 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Where are you based Matthew. I don't have experience with roof / boot problems but I do have Carly and a Foxwell diagnostic code reader.
So happy to help in that respect if you are any where near Norfolk
2010 E89 35i DCT
2017 Honda CBR1000RR fireblade
2016 Honda VFR1200F

Deepseaskateboard

Roof / boot problems

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Leave the car running for a few mins, sometimes the red roof light will flash and bong then stop, at which point power is restored.

I sm wondering if its all the cold weather and the effect on the battery.

MatthewM

Roof / boot problems

Post by MatthewM » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Thank you everyone for the offers/advice, I live up in Aberdeen so it may well be cold related problems. I tried leaving it running and going for a lengthy drive with it to see if it helped, but no success unfortunately.

I am getting the car serviced tomorrow and will see what they think the problem might be. I will let you know how I get on, thanks again!