Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

RHT Hydraulic motor

spannerman

RHT Hydraulic motor

Post by spannerman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Can anyone tell me were the RHT Hydraulic motor is located on a 2010 Z4 E89 model? I have a cose A6A3 on my diagnostic tool and my retractable hard top roof has become very jerky in its operation

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

RHT Hydraulic motor

Post by Maniac » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:52 am

There is only one roof motor : pump and it’s in the sump area of the boot : trunk. Lift the floor cover.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

RHT Hydraulic motor

Post by flybobbie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:26 am

Might be something lost in translation, perhaps "rht hydraulic motor" is trying to describe the right hand hydraulic cylinder.
Seems to be from other posters, the micro switches on that cylinder is where the problem often is.

spannerman

RHT Hydraulic motor

Post by spannerman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:07 pm

Ok, the motor is in the boot under the luggage cover. I lifted up the cover and low and behold the motor and foam padding that the motor sits in was about four inches deep in water. Drained all the water off and ordered new foam padding from BMW (£25). The motor unit must have been really really cold sitting in that water in these minus temperatures. Dried everything out thoroughly, then drained off the hydraulic motor fluid and replenished with simple Hydraulic jack oil. Operated the roof up and down a few times and all is well....Drilled a tiny whole under boot floor at its lowest point to help prevent this happening again. Think I got away with it....PHEW